D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Also, the Paladin Arthur is not finished. He is lacking skills and prepared spells.

Someone should probably finish making the paladin before his turn comes up LOL! :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Also, the Paladin Arthur is not finished. He is lacking skills and prepared spells.

Someone should probably finish making the paladin before his turn comes up LOL! :)
Arthur's player's account is knocked out, so that explains him never finishing the character. Someone want to jump in and whip up their own version of the Paladin?

NNe953h.png

Vecna moves just north of Hjalman and uses Flight of the Damned. I realized after that the Pillar should protect Malek. And that Hjalman won't get the +5 cause he is far from the Paladin.

So Hjalman is frightened though he can shake that off come his turn.

Vecna then makes two Afterthought attacks with advantage.
th0g83N.png

Cn7LMro.png

Vecna then teleports to the dot healing himself and damaging Hjalman before moving to his current spot.

Hjalman can spend a Ki to reroll his save if that is desired.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
So Hjalman is frightened though he can shake that off come his turn.
Again, can you please indicate rolls since we aren't rolling for ourselves? Saving throws, damage, etc. I can see some rolls in the screen shots, but not everything. Thanks!

I assume that mean Egar and Arthur made their saves for half damage?? Which is how much?? I would like to be able to track my HP.

Also, why did Vecna have advantage when attacking the Monk?? The Frightened condition doesn't do that, so I see no reason for it. :confused:

dave2008

Legend
We can discuss this later, but I disagree (could be wrong...?).

For reference, see Combat Encounter Difficulty and Evaluating Encounter Difficulty (DMG p. 82), right before your table. ;)
We are both right actually. However I will DM you as not to derail this thread.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm not sure I followed all of what happened. Vecna caused some ghosts to fly at us, stabbed the monk with his dagger, and teleported behind a pillar?

Did Malek take any damage?

I notice that the description for Flight of the Damned says "Vecna conjures a torrent of flying, spectral entities that fill a 120-foot cone and pass through all creatures in that area before dissipating". I don't know about RAW, but RAI seems to me like they'd go right through the pillar, too. (based on the words "fill" and "pass through". Doesn't seem to me like the pillar would stop 'em, even if it would normally provide cover from a cone.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I notice that the description for Flight of the Damned says "Vecna conjures a torrent of flying, spectral entities that fill a 120-foot cone and pass through all creatures in that area before dissipating". I don't know about RAW, but RAI seems to me like they'd go right through the pillar, too. (based on the words "fill" and "pass through". Doesn't seem to me like the pillar would stop 'em, even if it would normally provide cover from a cone.
Unless a spell or effect says to goes "around cover" (for example, fireball: The fire spreads around corners.) it doesn't. I agree with him, you are safe (for now MWAHAHAHAHA!!! :devilish: ).

Remove ads