D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

Again, can you please indicate rolls since we aren't rolling for ourselves? Saving throws, damage, etc. I can see some rolls in the screen shots, but not everything. Thanks!

I assume that mean Egar and Arthur made their saves for half damage?? Which is how much?? I would like to be able to track my HP.

Also, why did Vecna have advantage when attacking the Monk?? The Frightened condition doesn't do that, so I see no reason for it. :confused:
I have been tracking HP. And I included the rolls for the saves.

But here is access to the roll20 so anyone can look read and roll.

Roll20
I will promote anyone who joins to DM, so they can also assist things when I am not around.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Unless a spell or effect says to goes "around cover" (for example, fireball: The fire spreads around corners.) it doesn't. I agree with him, you are safe (for now MWAHAHAHAHA!!! :devilish: ).
Ah the joys of "plain language" - because I feel like "fills an area" and "passes through" can be read pretty much the same as "goes around cover". Obviously it's yet again another "DM's call" as the designers love to leave open.

My son showed me a meme yesterday that said something to the effect of... "By RAW, a 2nd level conjurer can use "minor conjuration" to create Purple worm poison, thus doing 12d6 poison damage on a failed dc19 con save...".

I looked it up, because that obviously doesn't seem right. Well, it is RAW, if your DM agrees that a vial of "Purple Worm Poison" counts as an "object that the 2nd-level conjurer has seen" (I don't think I'd agree with that, but it's possible). Clearly, it's not RAI, either.

Going off to work again. So anyone who wants to run things can. This is a collaborative thing after all, and I am not needed to always ben the one running it.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
NNe953h.png
I believe this cone is too large. It looks like a 90 degree arc, but 5e cones are defined as “A cone's width at a given point along its length is equal to that point's distance from the point of origin.” That them a 1 radian arc, or appropriately 57.2958 degrees.

EDIT: I don’t think that changes things in this instance, because it looks like you can still hit all 4 PCs with a properly-sized cone. But it might be relevant for future turns.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
This DM (and, for that matter, playing) by committee is interesting to me. It's a perk of the slowed-down nature of play-by-post (ish) that we're doing. Good for the experiment - maybe not so much for immersion, but no matter.

Let's get that Paladin done, shall we? Anyone?

I believe this cone is too large. It looks like a 90 degree arc, but 5e cones are defined as “A cone's width at a given point along its length is equal to that point's distance from the point of origin.” That them a 1 radian arc, or appropriately 57.2958 degrees.

EDIT: I don’t think that changes things in this instance, because it looks like you can still hit all 4 PCs with a properly-sized cone. But it might be relevant for future turns.
I did not have a 120 ft. Cone so I doubled a 60 ft one. But your right the size does not quite work out that way.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Here a new Paladin

Suggested changes:

1. Swap out Stealth for Athletics since this is a Strength build. Never mind, I just saw this is a Bugbear...
2. Get Resilient (CON) due to how important CON saves are in the game. It would also boost CON to 16, gaining more HP...
3. The spells look confusing. Are all those listed prepared? Many are listed twice so I am confused by the format. :(
4. Certain spells are vital IMO to Paladin (such as Aid and Aura of Life), which aren't taken.
5. And of course, put on some armor. Preferably Plate considering the STR 20 and Powerful Build. ;)

Remove ads