D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
1655285889668.png

Leon moves (speed 40) to position the pillar between himself and Vecna and casts Aura of Life (same area as his Paladin Aura).

It is now Malek the Rogue's turn.

P.S. I updated Leon's (Arthur's) HP to match Smythe's paladin build, with the 23 temp HP added.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Malek will use another use of his camouflage and disappear along the wall (traveling eastward), and firing his bow when he has a good LoS to Vecna while hidden. This time he will uncharacteristically keep his mouth shut.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Malek moves west 10 feet to remove line of sight with Vecna
Malek rolls Stealth (11, 20) + bonus = 37. Is hidden from Vecna.
Malek moves eastward 10 feet to gain sight on Venca while remaining hideen.
Malek rolls a 7 and 9 (due to advantage) on his Attack + bonus 11 = 20, hitting Vecna.
Vecna takes 50 damage! (Malek remains quite!)
Vecna rolls 30 (18+12) on DC 25 Concentration check to keep globe active.

Now, I believe Vecna still has one reaction remaining??? If so, he will do Fell Rebuke for 9 damage to Malek. Vecna teleports to his new location (shown below).

1655327147500.png

If Vecna has used all three reactions, please let me know and I'll add the HP back to Malek and move Vecna back.

It is now Hjalman's turn. He is no longer frightened due to the paladin's aura (note: my ruling is the fear is completely removed, not just suspended, thoughts???).

EDIT: Added Hjalman takes 6 necrotic damage from Afterthought. Hjalman fails (roll 5 + 8 bonus = 13) vs DC 22 CON save to remove Afterthought's damage per round.

Whoever wants to run Hjalman must decide if they want to spend 1 ki to reroll the failed save.

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Vecna had his turn so he got all of his Reactions back.
I updated Vecna's icon to 3/5 legendary resistances (RED circle) and 2/3 reactions (BLUE circle). That way it will be easier to track.

I also update Hjalman's icon to have his ki (currently 15 / 20 I believe).

My suggestion for Hjalman's turn is to use his Action to activate the Quivering Palm, forcing Vecna to make a DC 18 CON save or be reduced to 0 hit points. Even if he succeeds on the save, he suffers 10d10 necrotic damage (half due to resistance).

Anyone have other thoughts on Hjalman's turn???

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Hjalman's turn.

Hjalman uses his action to activate Quivering Palm on Venca (as seconded by @FitzTheRuke)
Venca fails DC 18 Constitution save (rolls 4+12 = 16), uses Legendary Resistance to succeed instead. (2 uses left)
Vecna takes 22 necrotic damage (half of 45 rolled).
Hjalman moves west behind pillar.

1655371981576.png

It is Egar's turn.

Egar's casts Chill Touch as a Ready Action with the trigger that once he Misty Steps (bonus action) to a point he can see Venca it is released.
Egar Misty Steps 30 feet and releases Chill Touch, making a ranged attack and hits! (roll 9 + 11 = 20, hitting Vecna AC's 20 (18 + 2 cover bonus)).
Vecna takes 11 necrotic damage (half of 22 rolled). Until the start of Egar's next turn, Vecna has disadvantage against attacks made against Egar and cannot regain hit points (this denies Vecna's bonus action ability to regain hit points).
Vecna uses Fell Rebuke, dealing 9 damage to Egar.
Egar moves east behind pillar, near Leon.

Current Spell Slots: 4 / 2 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2 / - / 1 (Misty Step cast).

1655372309869.png

It is now Vecna' Turn.

Someone else can run Vecna if they want, but I have to go to work. If no one does, I do Vecna's turn when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases