D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah I think I was going too fancy, this isn't finesse, this is a beat down:) Alright just made a few tweaks, and instead of precasting eyebite I will precast sunbeam! We are going to burn this dude down!

ddb.ac/characters/77019893/pmnrEN

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Yeah I think I was going too fancy, this isn't finesse, this is a beat down:) Alright just made a few tweaks, and instead of precasting eyebite I will precast sunbeam! We are going to burn this dude down!

ddb.ac/characters/77019893/pmnrEN
Got it. Do you have any spells of longer duration/ no concentration you want preactive?

Stalker0

Legend
Also for ease, I will say that everytime I do a damage roll with a spell, if any of the dice are lower than average (even just a single die out of the set), I will use empowered spell to reroll it (up to 5 die). Invulnar is holding nothing back, this is Venca after all! I'll let you know if I'm low enough on sorc points to start changing that.

So for d6's, that is lower than 4. For d8s, lower than 5.

I also have counterspell, so anyround I'm within 60 feet and vecna throws some spell shade, I will always certainly want to counterspell it.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
While we wait for Smythe, if either of you want to make any last minute changes please do.

I'm removing Plane Shift for example and switching it with Crown of Stars.

Also for ease, I will say that everytime I do a damage roll with a spell, if any of the dice are lower than average (even just a single die out of the set), I will use empowered spell to reroll it (up to 5 die). Invulnar is holding nothing back, this is Venca after all! I'll let you know if I'm low enough on sorc points to start changing that.

So for d6's, that is lower than 4. For d8s, lower than 5.
Ok. Noted.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
@Stalker0,

I noticed you took Subtle Spell. We need a ruling on Vecna's Dread Counterspell given the debate earlier.

1. Subtle Spell will stop Dread Counterspell as it does normal Counterspell.
2. Subtle Spell will NOT stop Dread Counterspell as Vecna just as to "see a creature that is casting a spell" instead of "in the process of".

Thoughts everyone (even those just watching the thread feel free to contribute!)?

Stalker0

Legend
@Stalker0,

I noticed you took Subtle Spell. We need a ruling on Vecna's Dread Counterspell given the debate earlier.

1. Subtle Spell will stop Dread Counterspell as it does normal Counterspell.
2. Subtle Spell will NOT stop Dread Counterspell as Vecna just as to "see a creature that is casting a spell" instead of "in the process of".

Thoughts everyone (even those just watching the thread feel free to contribute!)?
I feel that topic has become so contentious my vote is to run a poll, just making a poll thread, give it a day, and just go with teh majority, no discussion at this point.

Now honestly I am fine giving this one to Vecna and saying dread counterspell works against subtle spell, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. But I also am in the camp that thinks Vecna is bad for their CR and we are going to beat him down badly :)

Remove ads