D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I'll sight up where Morcolt pointed, attack with bow shot with disavantage and then go from there.....
Ok. Got it.

Go'ban's Turn:

Go'ban fires in the direction where Morcolt is aiming and just HITS! (6,7+12 = 18). Vecna is now visible!
Go'ban deals 8 damage!
UPDATE: Vecna uses Fell Rebuke against Go'ban, dealing 13 necrotic damage and teleports.
UPDATE 2: Vecna automatically makes Concentration check to remain invisible.

If you want to do anything with the damage, let me know. You can now take the rest of your turn.

1656267148434.png

Last edited:

"Chikan...good!" he sqweaks and adds Fury of the Small (+5 dmg) to it! Bonus action to cast lightning arrow and fire. Activate Favored Foe (on either 2nd or 3rd successful hit )then on 3rd attack (dread ambusher additional attack) then move up to the pillar and out of LOS

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
"nibilsmirt!" he sqweaks and adds Fury of the Small (+5 dmg) to it! Bonus action to cast lightning arrow and fire. Activate Favored Foe (on either 2nd or 3rd successful hit )then on 3rd attack (dread ambusher additional attack) then move up to the pillar and out of LOS
Vecna speaks back to you in Goblin, "Vikelsnort hugra mink!"

Ok, adding 5 damage to first hit, increasing it to 13 total.

Go'ban casts Lightning Arrow and fires a bolt of brilliant electricity towards Vecna. He HITS (8,11+12 = 20 vs AC 18) for 16 lightning damage + 5 extra lightning damage for favored foe. (updated later for Vecna's resistance to lightning damage.)

UPDATE: Vecna automatically makes DC 10 Concentration check to remain Invisible.

Go'ban fires his additional attack for dread ambusher and misses (19,3+12 = 15), so uses Stalker's Flurry to make another attack and HITS (14,16+12 = 26 vs. AC 18) and knocks Vecna in the chest for 19 piercing damage!

UPDATE: Vecna automatically makes DC 10 Concentration check to remain Invisible again.

Go'ban rushes up to take shelter behind the pillar, removing him from Vecna's wrath.

1656268301416.png

@Smythe the Bard let me know if your position is incorrect.

It is now Morcolt's Turn.

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Morcolt's Turn:

Morcolt moves 30 feet and shoots Vecna with his pact longbow, HITS (11+11 vs. AC 18) for 12 piercing damage plus 1 necrotic damage (half due to Vecna's resistance) + 28 force damage (6d8 Eldritch Smite for 1 spell slot), a total of 41 damage.

UPDATE: Vecna fails DC 20 Concentration check (5+12 = 17), so is definitely either visible now or has to use Legendary Resistance. THIS MUST BE DECIDED AND WILL BE UPDATED LATER depending on the point of order/ ruling results. Venca uses Legendary Resistance to remain Invisible.

Vecna uses Fell Rebuke for 7 necrotic damage (half 14 due to Morcolt's resistance) and teleports further back behind pillars.

Morcolt uses his reaction for Hellish Rebuke (prior to the teleport) for 35 fire damage. Vecna fails the DC 15 Dex save (2+3), but uses Legendary Resistance to succeed instead, reducing damage to 17 fire damage. UPDATE: With the reduced damage, Vecna automatically makes the DC 10 Concentration check to remain Invisible.

Morcolt loses sight of Vecna and bonus action uses Blessing of the Raven Queen to teleport 30 feet forward and left, gaining line of sight again on Vecna.

Morcolt fire his pact longbow again, HITS (17+11) for another 12 piecing damage plus 1 necrotic damage, 13 damage total.

Morcolt activates Hurl Through Hell, dealing Vecna 44 psychic damage and Vecna vanishes as he takes a ride through a nightmare landscape of the lower planes until the end of Morcolt's next turn.

UPDATE: Vecna succeeds DC 22 Concentration check (12+12 = 14) to remain invisible IF it ends up being needed. Will update further after rulings come in.

"I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!" Morcolt yells!

(Venca's last location is located on the map.)

1656269684739.png

Morcolt's yells to the others to move quickly to the back of the cavern!

It is now Vecna's Turn, but he is on a trip... so he cannot be targeted until the end of Morcolt's next turn.

So, on to Broodhuz's Turn.

UPDATE: Venca had resistance to Lightning Arrow, so damage is reduced and he gains 11 hit points back.

CURRENT HIT POINTS: (CORRECTED)

VECNA: 128 / 272
(updating: should be 115 / 272)
Go'ban: 119 / 132
Morcolt: 124 / 131
Broodhuz: 149 / 149
Invulnar: 162 / 162

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Since Invulnar is after Broodhuz's I'll go ahead and pregame my turn. As a bonus action, I will turn on Draconic Wings (I now have a fly of 30 feet).

a) If I got to precast Sunbeam, then I will move 60 feet straight north into the room.

b) If I didn't, I will move 30 feet straight north and cast sunbeam.

also remind me, how high up is the ceiling in this place?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Since Invulnar is after Broodhuz's I'll go ahead and pregame my turn. As a bonus action, I will turn on Draconic Wings (I now have a fly of 30 feet).

a) If I got to precast Sunbeam, then I will move 60 feet straight north into the room.

b) If I didn't, I will move 30 feet straight north and cast sunbeam.
Yes, it is pre-cast. I forgot to add that to the initial post but I know you mentioned it upthread, so I'll add it to the initial post.

So, bonus action wings and 60 feet fly/dash straight north. What height do you want to be at?

Remove ads