D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Broodhuz said, "Nuh uh! YOU gonna die, freeze-face!"

And he ran toward the archlich, spitting a line of freezing breath at him and then following up with a swing of his sword.

(Attack action can breathe, sword, sword, but I assume Vecna will TP. Also, I think I can send some Rage Spirits (I would fluff them as ice mephits) to mitigate some damage to my allies).

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
And he ran toward the archlich, spitting a line of freezing breath at him and then following up with a swing of his sword.

(Attack action can breathe, sword, sword, but I assume Vecna will TP. Also, I think I can send some Rage Spirits (I would fluff them as ice mephits) to mitigate some damage to my allies).
To be clear:

As I understand it, you can replace one attack with your Breath, so that should leave you one sword attack? (bold implies two sword attacks?) Do you get an extra sword attack somehow???

Do you want to use Reckless Attack?

If you are worried about him teleporting, you might want to sword attack first and then use your breath. Although you've never seen him teleporting, Morcolt would have called it out as part of his positions.

Also, using Rage Spirits is a reaction which you can use when an ally gets damaged by an attack. Morcolt is just within range (30 feet), so if you want I can add that as a reaction during Vecna's turn. Vengeful Ancestors will allow you to put some of that damage back on Vecna.

Did you deal Vecna his Hurl Through Hell psychic damage?
Yes, I applied it on Morcolt's turn (perhaps to early...), but the current hp for Venca is accurate I believe.

Also, point of order: Vecna reappears before he takes his turn, so the Fell Rebuke caused by Go'ban's attack uses the last reaction from his previous turn, which he immediately replenishes at the start of his turn, leaving him now with three reactions in hand.
Good catch. I will update that. It will allow him to take a reaction on his turn, so I will add that as well.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To be clear:

As I understand it, you can replace one attack with your Breath, so that should leave you one sword attack? (bold implies two sword attacks?) Do you get an extra sword attack somehow???
Nah, I just confused him for a moment with Shorgg, who gets 3 attacks with an action.

Do you want to use Reckless Attack?
Sure, why not.

If you are worried about him teleporting, you might want to sword attack first and then use your breath. Although you've never seen him teleporting, Morcolt would have called it out as part of his positions.
Would he teleport from the breath? Either way, I'll keep the order. He'll breathe where he won't get Morcolt in the line and then try to chase down Vecna wherever he is.
Also, using Rage Spirits is a reaction which you can use when an ally gets damaged by an attack. Morcolt is just within range (30 feet), so if you want I can add that as a reaction during Vecna's turn. Vengeful Ancestors will allow you to put some of that damage back on Vecna.
Yes, he would send his ice mephits to save friends and hurt enemies as much as possible.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Broodhuz's Turn:

Broodhuzs moves and breathes his cold breath on Venca for 5 cold damage (half 10 due to resistance, half of 21 due to successful DC 15 DEX save by Vecna (13+3 = 16)).

He then continues moving and attacks Vecna using Reckless Attack, missing on his attack (1,2+10 = 12 vs. AC 18)!

Vecna laughs, taunting the barbarian, "Really, cold against ME! I am the depths of the frozen realms."

1656292162322.png

CURRENT HIT POINTS: (CORRECTED)

VECNA: 176 / 272
(-5)
Go'ban: 66 / 132
Morcolt: 101 / 131
Broodhuz: 140 / 149
Invulnar: 162 / 162

It is now Invular's Turn (@Stalker0)

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Invulnar's Turn: He will move straight west 30 ft (going north around the pillar). If I've angeled it right, I should be able to get a 5 ft line on vecna's square without clipping Broodhuz (if it helps get the angle right I can also fly upwards if its needed). I will then release a uni....ahem, I mean SUNBEAM from my mouth!!! (reminder save is at disadvantage due to undead).

Assuming I am still able to target vecna after that, I will throw on a quickened magic missile as a bonus action (upcast to 4th level which helps against "normal" counterspells"). Again, I will use empowered metamagic as necessary to get good damage results.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases