• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Solange

First Post
OOC: Those where Shield of Faith scrolls (+2 deflection bonus), don't think you can use Divine Favor on someone else. (Checked, nope) The dog is going to do something. This also means one of those attacks may not have hit.

Wik

First Post
Solange said:
OOC: Those where Shield of Faith scrolls (+2 deflection bonus), don't think you can use Divine Favor on someone else. (Checked, nope) The dog is going to do something. This also means one of those attacks may not have hit.

Oops. My bad. I get those two spells mixed up, ALL the time. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Anyways, since it's my fault, I'll keep the attack bonus in effect for this round, and change it next round. No point hurting you guys more than I have to.

Wik

First Post
Round Two

Round Two:
Pendrake = 24 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 8 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Aiken = 22 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 8 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear9/19
Goblins (4) = 19.
#1 - DEAD
#2 -RAGE: +2 Con and Str; +1 Will Saves, -2 AC. 5 rounds remain 2 damage
#3 -
#4 -DEAD
Cepheus = 14+
Goblin "Chief" = 14 2 damage
Solange = 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear19/23
Celestial Dog: 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Hukk = 12 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear

Pendrake moves up the street, and takes a swing at the goblin. However, the creature is wily, and slides around Pendrake's blade very smoothly.

Aiken quickly flips over one of the goblins, shifting right past the goblin chief. He takes a stab at the back of the goblin Pendrake swung at, and misses.

Goblin #3 takes aim and fires another bolt, again at Solange. However, the shot must have been swallowed up by the rain, as no one sees where the bolt disappears the moment it leaves his bow.(A=6)

The other two goblins swing madly at Pendrake, but neither hit. As they swing, the shield that Solange has called upon them shimmers in the air and pushes the blades aside.
(A=7,13)

Cepheus quickly reads off his scroll as the rain spatters on the paper. A wolf howls and jumps out of a puff of smoke, right behind the goblin chief. It bites, hard,(A=21,D=7)
but the teeth barely sink into the chief's skin. Instead, the chief's eyes glow bright red, and it lets out a demonic cackle.

(OOC: one of the great problems with Summon Monster is how it's a full round action to cast, but only a standard action to cast via Scroll. Which is how Cepheus is able to cast the spell AFTER Solange starts it, and have it take effect before hers).

The cackling goblin takes a step away from Aiken and the Wolf, and his skin starts to melt away, as if the rain had suddenly become acidic. It seems to take on a wolf's features, with long sharp claws and azure fur that seems to be swallowed up in the dark light. It's eyes glow hatefully in the night, and it's fiendish canine snout breaks out into a cruel smile as it looks at Aiken appraisingly.

Solange's dog comes into effect, and she can take an action this round.

The dog charges forward, and makes a bite on the fourth goblin. Because of the goblin's fury, it is unaware of the dog until almost too late, and it is unable to fully dodge the celestial dog's smite. It is brought to the ground with a scream, as the dog tears it to pieces.

Solange is able to pull off a bless spell as she runs forward, and her companions feel Zephos' calm in their souls.

OOC: I just realized what you meant by the "one of those attacks might have missed". I thought you were saying one of Pendrake and Aiken's attacks might have missed, since they didn't have the Divine Favour bonus... you meant one of the goblin's attacks might have missed, because they had an AC boost. Well, I checked, and they would have hit regardless. So, really, everything cleared up in the end. But, it's all fixed now.

Also, I haven't updated the map, only because ENWorld is really slow for me during the day, and I'm lazy. But, yeah, Solange is moved forward, and there's another summoned dog on the field. How many rounds duration does it have, solange? Three rounds, right?

Attachments

• Blacklily Fight.jpg
    Blacklily Fight.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake is a trained warrior and knows that sometimes things just don't go as planned in the midst of battle...he is also quite sure of the goblin's requirement for a much neede 'good whacking still, so he will attempt once again to give the goblin his minimu daily allowance of good whackings...

]ooc[ sorry all, i am getting tired of that d**n fickle finger of invisible castle! ]/ooc[

a present for goblin 2:
a good whacking (take 2) (1d20+8=16, 1d8+3=6)

(actually the roll was 17 with the bless ... did he do it this time?)

Remove ads