EN World Wait, what's this?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I've been browsing the dark mode and really appreciate it so far.
The only issue I'm seeing is that hyperlinked text doesn't appear to be differentiated from other text. (In light mode it's black normal text and blue hyperlinks; in dark mode it seems to be white for both.)
Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, but so far it hasn't bothered me.

What's a bit more of a nuisance - until I get used to it - is that in dark mode highlighted text doesn't stand out as the 'highlight' is nearly the same shade of grey as the background.

That said, I really like the dark!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Hyperlinks in the boxed OOC area is invisible unless having a mouse hover over it:
_link text.png

Perhaps a slightly different colour for either?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I’m noticing that some of the screens I use in pursuit of my duties are a bit hard to read due to contrast issues.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
It's nice to be on the Dark Side again, but...

The only issue I'm seeing is that hyperlinked text doesn't appear to be differentiated from other text. (In light mode it's black normal text and blue hyperlinks; in dark mode it seems to be white for both.)
What's a bit more of a nuisance - until I get used to it - is that in dark mode highlighted text doesn't stand out as the 'highlight' is nearly the same shade of grey as the background.
These. Except it's the selected text that I can't differentiate. Guessing that's what Lan-"it's too dark in here"-efan meant.

pukunui

Legend
Has dark mode been switched off? My account has switched back to light mode on all my devices and I can’t seem to switch it back to dark again?!

Fanaelialae

Legend
Has dark mode been switched off? My account has switched back to light mode on all my devices and I can’t seem to switch it back to dark again?!
It's discussed in the other dark mode thread (The Return of the Dark). It sounds like some themes were added to community supporter accounts and that inadvertently disabled dark mode for anyone who doesn't have a supporter account. Morrus said he'd look into it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think I've fixed it. Worked out what the issue was.

There's a new toggle for community supporters which gives easy access to switching between light and dark mode. It looks like this (the light bulb on the right). Just hit that and it toggles between the two modes.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 4.01.12 PM.png

Non-supporters can still switch themes the way they could before.

Epic supporters get access to Forest, and Spaceship, and any other new themes that get added.

Fanaelialae

Legend
I think I've fixed it. Worked out what the issue was.

There's a new toggle for community supporters which gives easy access to switching between light and dark mode. It looks like this (the light bulb on the right). Just hit that and it toggles between the two modes.

View attachment 121987
Non-supporters can still switch themes the way they could before.

Epic supporters get access to Forest, and Spaceship, and any other new themes that get added.
Dark mode is back for me, and I was able to switch to it. Thanks!

Remove ads