Wand of Viscid Globs: Straight Out of Out of The Abyss!

The latest preview from Out of the Abyss, the upcoming (September 15th; Sep 4th in preferred stores) adventure for D&D 5th Edition shows a brand new magic item - the wand of viscid globs. This thing was crafted by the drow, and is used to restrain foes with viscous globs of slime.

The latest preview from Out of the Abyss, the upcoming (September 15th; Sep 4th in preferred stores) adventure for D&D 5th Edition shows a brand new magic item - the wand of viscid globs. This thing was crafted by the drow, and is used to restrain foes with viscous globs of slime.

Click here for all the other previews from this adventure!

CNM67xHUcAARgBQ.png

JesterOC

Explorer
I find this fine. The only difference I would have added is the size of the blob. However just because they did not mention a max expansion size, it does not mean that it does not have a max expansion size.

So I would rule that it only restrains creatures where it makes sense to have restrained. Larger creatures, dragons for instance might not be effected at all, or perhaps they might loose a claw attack, or loose their ability to fly, whatever makes sense.

For incredibly strong creatures who would not mind ripping themselves apart, let them make a strength check and they might escape by ripping their skin off.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Just as a note for those who think that because an item was basically instant death in 2e that it should be so in 5e... will you allow the players to wield the agricultural tool known as a 'reaver' from aurora's whole realms catalog? For a mere 5gp, you get a 1 handed, 1d6 damage weapon that insta-kills any humanoid target on a natural 20. Oh, and deals 1d6 to the wielder on a natural 1, so totally balanced.

Remove ads

Remove ads