D&D 5E Wandering Monsters: Creepy and Crawly—Simultaneously!

Hussar

Legend
Well, buying the book is paying for it. Anything behind the paywall will work for a lot of people, but likely won't work for many more (like me). Putting something iconic like dragons behind the paywall would be a terrible decision, in my opinion (as I think it'd needlessly piss off a lot of people), but maybe not too bad for a lot less iconic creatures. As always, play what you like :)

Hang on though. You're not putting dragons behind the paywall. You're putting all those added stat blocks that you don't really need in the DMG behind the paywall. So, someone who wants it, gets a DDI sub, downloads it, and they're off to the races. No different than buying a book, other than it's all electronic.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Hang on though. You're not putting dragons behind the paywall. You're putting all those added stat blocks that you don't really need in the DMG behind the paywall. So, someone who wants it, gets a DDI sub, downloads it, and they're off to the races. No different than buying a book, other than it's all electronic.
If it's "MM: here's one stat block, and here's how you adjust it for other sizes and other dragons" and "paywall: here's all the stat blocks", then I think that'd be fine, yes. Not sure if that's what you meant, though. As always, play what you like :)

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant JC. Maybe even 3 sizes for each dragon - just for tradition's sake and then put all the other stuff on the DDI. I certainly didn't mean that all monsters should be DDI.

Remove ads