• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War Mage Spell Progression & Bonus Spells-based on Charisma?

RookSeven

First Post
Help! I lent my books to my friend so he could come up with a new character for our next session & I can't remember the War Mage's spell progression (I have the spells, I just need the # of spells known/level & # of spell's that you can cast/level). I also can't remember the chart of bonus spells based off of Charisma (for the War Mage & the Sorcerer). I need that based off of a Charisma that's 18, 22 & 26. If anyone could help me it'd would be majorly appriciated.

UltimaGabe

First Post
I don't know the Warmage's progression (don't have my book on hand), but Bonus Spells are easy enough to figure out. Basically, take the modifier (in the case of that 26, it'd be a +8)- and with a +8, that means you're getting bonus spells for up to 8th level. Now, bonus spells come in groups of 4- so that means the 4 highest levels of spells (that is, 8th, 7th, 6th, and 5th) all get 1 bonus spell. The 4 levels below them (4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st) get 2 bonus spells each. Make sense?

lukelightning

First Post
Every time I see a post "Help! I lent my books to someone...." blah blah blah I get the feeling the guy never had the books to begin with and just want someone to send them all the info on a class or whatever.

FireLance

Legend
lukelightning said:
Every time I see a post "Help! I lent my books to someone...." blah blah blah I get the feeling the guy never had the books to begin with and just want someone to send them all the info on a class or whatever.
Especially since a warmage doesn't get spells known per level. :]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads