• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky - Updated 1/18 with discussion of the Player's Guide

irdeggman

First Post
When will the Player's Guide and DM's Campaign Overview be available?

I just put in my subscription yesterday and would like to get a DM friend of mine interested in running this, since I am currently running (well starting to run) the Age of Worms.

Ivellious

First Post
How soon is the first one looking to be out? Cause if it's anytime like in the next few days I'd have to get my subscription then (I want it cheap lol, though it really would be worth 49.99 if it's anything like you say it is :) ).

crow81

First Post
Status update please

Are there any updates? Another teaser would be great...

My players are starting to get the DT's (shakes)

(So am I actually)

Thanks

:confused:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
crow81 said:
Are there any updates? Another teaser would be great...

My players are starting to get the DT's (shakes)

(So am I actually)

Thanks

:confused:

We're waiting on the completed Player's Guide and DM's Campaign Overview. As soon as they're done, you'll be able download 'em for free. I'm impatient to see them, too! :)

Soon, very soon!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK.. this is a big one. Major spoilers ahead! I'm putting it in spoiler tags so that you don't have to read it, but be warned that below is an abridged campaign overview.

The Scouring of Gate Pass, by Ryan Nock. Level 1. Release January 07. As the Ragesian army marches upon the neutral city of Gate Pass, the heroes must retrieve vital war intelligence from a spy and deliver it to the distant wizards’ school of Lyceum, but first they have to find a way out of a besieged city before Gate Pass falls and the inquisitors, Ragesia’s infamous mage-hunting clerics, find them.

The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar, by Jacob Driscoll. Level 3. Release February 07. The journey between Gate Pass and distant Lyceum is dangerous, and along the way the heroes must survive passage through a forest that has burned for decades, where a dream monster known as a trillith holds sway. The trillith, which calls itself Indomitability, is trapped by the last survivors of the forest, a clan of pernicious fey whose magical song holds the key to defeating these strange nightmare beings.

Shelter From the Storm, by Ryan Nock. Level 5. Release March 07. The heroes reach Lyceum, located in a small seaside village named Seaquen, and have to navigate spies from Ragesia, power hungry refugees, and a fleet of hostile Shahalesti elves, prove themselves loyal to the town, and rescue the school when a magical hurricane strikes, conjured by agents of an unknown villain. Here, at Lyceum, the heroes learn some sinister secrets.

The Mad King’s Banquet, by Hamid Raoof. Level 7. Release April 07. On a quest to find allies in the nearby nation of Dassen before Ragesia’s army arrives, the heroes discover that a trillith named Madness, another dream monster like the one in the fire forest, is manipulating the king. They must helps a sympathetic noble named Duke Gallo battle the forces of the mad king. Seaquen's very survival depends on their success.

Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds, by Andrew Kenrick. Level 9. Release May 07. In a monastery in Ostalin, monks who worship the wind are being threatened by the remnants of the army the Ragesian emperor was commanding before he was assassinated. The heads of the monastery, a pair of brothers named Longinus and Pilus, offer to aid the heroes in retrieving the lost Torch of the Burning Sky if they help them fight the army, but clues suggest that all may not be as it seems.

Tears of the Burning Sky, by Ken Marable. Level 11. Release June 07. The heroes race ahead of an enemy army, fighting their way inside the abandoned fortress in the nation of Sindaire, where Emperor Coaltongue was slain. The castle is now overrun by undead, animated by a strange fiery tear in the fabric of the planes. The castle holds the clue of what has happened to the Torch, but they will have to fight to learn it.

The Trial of Echoed Souls, by Neil D’Cruze. Level 13. Release July 07. The heroes locate the assassins who have the Torch, but learn that they have damaged it, removing a key piece of its magic in a nearby psionic temple, which they must brave if they wish to use the powerful artifact. In the temple, the heroes face dangers of the past, and learn more about the events unfolding.

O, Wintry Song of Agony, by Felipe Correa. Level 15. Release August 07. A clue from the temple leads the heroes to a secret facility operated by minions of Leska in the frozen reaches of northern Ragesia. Under the facility is a strange prison where waves of agony overwhelm the inmates – all of them captured mages who were seized by the Scourge. The agony comes from a trillith, who is being used to power experiments with some strange superweapon Leska is working on. The heroes must rescue a prisoner who knows Leska’s weaknesses.

The Festival of Dreams, by Ryan Nock. Level 17. Release September 07. With the aid of whatever allies they have secured, the heroes return to the city of Gate Pass where their journey began, with the goals of liberating the city and swaying the allegiance of Leska’s armies. They learn Leska's untimate plan, and the plans of the dream-monster trilliths. When a defiant religious festival is interrupted by the appearance of a nightmare swarm, the heroes must locate a disloyal trillith who can help them stop the incursion.

Sleep, Ye Cursed Child, by Wolfgang Baur. Level 17+. Release October 07. With news arriving that Leska is preparing her superweapon and that Pilus’s airship is aimed for Seaquen, the heroes need to reactivate the Torch, so they can respond to both threats. Their mission takes them into the Underdark, to the lair of the Mother of Dreams, source of the trillith, whose power created the Torch of the Burning, and who they hope can fix it. While war rages on the surface, the heroes must find unlikely allies amid the evil races of the deep, and must battle the nightmares of a sleeping dragon in order to free her from her curse.

Under the Eye of the Tempest, by Shane O’Connor. Level 17+. Release November 07. Certain of his own invincibility, the stormy archmage Pilus sets his sights on destroying his old rivals, the mages of Lyceum Academy. Once again a storm rolls over the town of Seaquen, but this tempest bears an army amid its thunder. The heroes must board Pilus’s mile-long living airship and fight their way to its brain, but to kill the leviathan’s master, they must slay the beast as well, for the lich Pilus has chosen an unusual form for his phylactery.

The Beating of the Aquiline Heart, by Ryan Nock. Level 17+. Release December 07. The immortal blood of Avilona, elemental spirit of air, runs in the veins of Supreme Inquisitor Leska, and she has had time enough to gather her power. Her armies defend the great rift where lies the still beating Aquiline Heart, and the heroes must lead one final assault into the fiery breast of the Ragesian Empire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads