• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warcraft RPG??

MasterLich

First Post
Hello

I was looking at my friends Dragon Mag and on the back it has a Warcraft RPG ad. I went WTF?? It would be kewl considering i love Warcraft but where can get some info on it. Cant find anything about it.

Any one around here got any info?

Thanks

FDP Mike

First Post
I think that I'll need to step carefully here in order to honour my NDA, but I can offer a little bit of info on the Warcraft RPG ....

The first book is in production right now and should be off to the printers soon; I believe that S&SS is aiming for a Gen Con release, but don't, um, quote me on that. :)

The game is indeed 3.5 compatible; everything's been adjusted and updated in accordance with the 3.5 PHB and DMG. (The monster book to follow will of course be "3.5 ready" as well.)

You'll be seeing something similar, I guess, to the Kalamar stuff -- an official D&D license, with the D&D logo no less, but published by S&SS (more specifically, I think the Arthaus division). In essence, it's D&D as played in the Warcraft setting, with certain changes to make D&D represent the setting more accurately. Does that make sense? ;)

I think the translation of the RTS to a pen-and-paper RPG is done wonderfully by Deirdre and the writers. The flavour of Azeroth and its races really comes through strongly. As a fan of the RTS, man, I'd love to run or play in the RPG ....

Ah, Gen Con just cannot get here too soon!

Take care,
Mike

MasterLich

First Post
Kewl, they are even coming out with a monster book as well.

I wonder how they are gonna do dragons in this. The only TRUELY evil dragons are black and the rest are more neutral leaning to the good side IMHO, and yes including the reds. It will be interesting nonetheless.

spacecrime.com

First Post
Speaking as somebody who wrote a little bit of the main book and saw a lot of the rest, I think it's fair to say that <i>D&D Warcraft</i> is head-smashingly good fun. :)

cheers,

FDP Mike

First Post
Kilamanjaro: Do you remember which issue of Dragon and which PrC's? I believe there will also be a preview of a race in the next White Wolf "Insider" issue ....

MasterLich: The upcoming core book does not address dragons directly, but there are hints here and there as to how dragons are handled in the setting. From what I've read, you're about right on track. :) We'll likely have to wait for the monster book or the Alliance & Horde book to find out for certain.

Chris: Two thumbs waaaaay up on the writing! I think you'll be pleased with the final product. The art is absolutely stunning.

Take care,
Mike

kilamanjaro

First Post
I'm having a hard time finding the issue in my stack of Dragons. I just remember the PrC were the orc blademaster and the dwarven mountain king. They were both 5 lvl classes and I think the mountain king had some sweet 2WF bonus.

Out of curiosity I wonder up to what game will they include stuff from. I suspect it's just up to Warcraft III, and things from Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft will come later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads