Warforged and Liches???

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary has the dread lich template, which is not only more powerful than a standard lich, but can also be applied to any living creature, which I'd say includes Constructs with the Living subtype.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Drowbane said:
So you have to be C/E and worship Orcus? Some might consider those perks :p
Assuming Orcus exists in Eberron, which is a DM-by-DM thing (just because it *can* doesn't mean it *does*).

Drowbane

First Post
stonegod said:
Assuming Orcus exists in Eberron, which is a DM-by-DM thing (just because it *can* doesn't mean it *does*).

That logic applies to every campaign, regardless of setting.

And for that matter, if you're going to get into the "individual DM" arguement, it would seem to me to be about whether the DM wants to use the new Base Class, not so much what Evil being powers it. Or for that matter that it remains the purview of an Evil god-demigod-demonlord-whatever.

Orcus
Vol or perhaps one of the Dark Six?

Last edited:

GrandArchon

First Post
Drowbane said:
Deathmaster (Dragon Compendium vol 1), much like the Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror) gives Lichdom as its level 20. However, unlike the Dread Necromancer, the Deathmaster's ability specifies that its Lichdom ignores the humanoid requirement of the template.

So you have to be C/E and worship Orcus? Some might consider those perks :p

Erk- I'm strictly anti-Chaotic with all my characters. I just don't like their personalities. Evil, yes I'm absolutely fine with (I wouldn't want a warforged Lich if I wasn't!), and as other people have pointed out- Orcus may not exist.

GrandArchon

First Post
Alzrius said:
Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary has the dread lich template, which is not only more powerful than a standard lich, but can also be applied to any living creature, which I'd say includes Constructs with the Living subtype.

But- I don't have it. Blast. 18$... Would it be cheating if I asked you for an excert containing the Mechanics for the Dread Lich?

pawsplay

Hero
Hey.. wouldn't a warforged be eligible for the Liber Mortis feat that lets you heal from negative energy/be hurt by positive energy as an undead?

I'm picturing a warforged necromancer, maybe with a shield guardian that looks just like him, accompanied by a flesh golem with a warforged arm, and zombies ... pretty cool notion.

shilsen

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Warforged are already immortal, which is the primary reason it seems most casters become liches. Better yet, they don't have LA...which hits spellcasters hard.

Just one comment on a minor point - in the Eberron setting, warforged haven't been around long enough for anyone to know if they are immortal or not. People may theorize that they are, but there's no proof one way or the other. I think I recall Keith Baker reiterating that on one of those FAQ threads he did on the WotC boards too.

Drowbane

First Post
GrandArchon said:
Erk- I'm strictly anti-Chaotic with all my characters. I just don't like their personalities. Evil, yes I'm absolutely fine with (I wouldn't want a warforged Lich if I wasn't!), and as other people have pointed out- Orcus may not exist.

C/E and Orcus are just part of the flavor. Change to suit your campaign. Its fun and easy for the whole family!

Remove ads