Warhammer: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound: Starter Set PDF Coming Monday

The PDF version of the Starter Set for Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the latest Warhammer game from Cubicle 7 is set to be released this coming Monday, 28th September. According to Cubicle 7, the set includes an adventure designed to teach you the rules, a city guide to Brightspear, and eight one-page adventures. There's also a bunch of pregenerated characters, reference sheets, maps, dice, and...

The PDF version of the Starter Set for Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the latest Warhammer game from Cubicle 7 is set to be released this coming Monday, 28th September.

120107736_3177699402298804_4340315316661407080_o.jpg

According to Cubicle 7, the set includes an adventure designed to teach you the rules, a city guide to Brightspear, and eight one-page adventures. There's also a bunch of pregenerated characters, reference sheets, maps, dice, and tokens.

The main adventure is called Faltering Light. It intrigued the city of Brightspear, including the ancient citadel below it.

pogre

Legend
I'm good with sticking with the grim and gritty of WFRP. This game is not for me. However, I do not begrudge anyone enjoying it - except as it takes resources from 4th edition WFRP.

Give me my square bases, huge armies, pewter miniatures, and get off my lawn!

aramis erak

Legend
I don’t think market saturation was the problem. WFB was just a terrible game format from a business point of view. The need for big, expensive armies put off new players, and the awkward manoeuvring of large formations of troops meant games were time consuming and fiddly. The release of Warmahordes was the final nail in the coffin - a competitor selling a fantasy war game that was a lot easier to get into and had fast, action packed gameplay.
That IS market saturation; they have gotten all the money out of their target audience that said audience will willingly part with.

macd21

Adventurer
That IS market saturation; they have gotten all the money out of their target audience that said audience will willingly part with.

Yes, but market saturation wasn’t the problem. Market size was. The nature of WFB made it very hard to grow the market, compared to something like Warmahordes. The cost of entry (in both time and money) was too high. The customers they had were willing to part with a lot of money, there just weren’t enough of them.

Azuresun

Adventurer
I'm definately looking forward to it. I paint Age of Sigmar-miniatures and love diving into lore of the worlds I engage with. Age of Sigmar had a difficult / mismanaged launch back in 2015 and one of the things people didn't like about it was the lack of any real lore or background information. This has gradually improved, but an rpg can shed light on things not normally covered in a wargame. I'm gonna buy the game and supplements (especially those rich in lore and art), but it won't be to play. I don't even play D&D or any rpg these days as I don't have a group to play with.

I'm interested too. I didn't pay it much attention at first, having a vague impression of "Warhammer Fantasy, only XTREME and everything's renamed because of the Chapterhouse lawsuit!", but the bits and pieces I've heard since then have piqued my interest. I have a liking for high fantasy that hasn't been fulfilled ever since Exated 3e turned out to be....well, Exalted 3e, so I'll certain'y check this out.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads