• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay vs Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplay

Mercador

Adventurer
The old world is awesome and while Total Warhammer is bringing it to a whole new generation and has expanded the world and the lore, Cubicle 7’s WFRP 4e is giving it a lot of detail. I’d give it a go. Zweihander is just a spin off of 2e, without the release schedule. It’s a bit locked in time. I’d give the new edition a look first.
I have already Zweihander and I quite like it. But I was looking for more TW:W lore so if WFRP 4e can help with that, I'll gladfully purchase it.

TheSword

Legend
I have already Zweihander and I quite like it. But I was looking for more TW:W lore so if WFRP 4e can help with that, I'll gladfully purchase it.
They have done a sourcebook on Altdorf and one on Middenheim, both are really good.

They have also a lot of detail on Ubersreik in the starter set.

Archives of the Empire also looks at Dwarves, Elves and halflings.

All 3 are very good sourcebooks.

Mercador

Adventurer
They have done a sourcebook on Altdorf and one on Middenheim, both are really good.

They have also a lot of detail on Ubersreik in the starter set.

Archives of the Empire also looks at Dwarves, Elves and halflings.

All 3 are very good sourcebooks.
I've also saw a Ubersreik adventures book, like 6 or 7 adventures in one hardcover. But all of those seems to be limited to the Empire and on my side, I'm searching stuff on the High Elves as I want to do Mortal Empires with them.

TheSword

Legend
I've also saw a Ubersreik adventures book, like 6 or 7 adventures in one hardcover. But all of those seems to be limited to the Empire and on my side, I'm searching stuff on the High Elves as I want to do Mortal Empires with them.
You won’t find High Elf stuff in WFRP of any edition. The RPG sticks with the empire and its neighboring kingdoms. Army books and novels are your best bet for elfy stuff.

The only elf stuff of detail in WFRP 4e is the kingdom of Laurelorn.

pogre

Legend
Ok, they want to both settings go on?
If I understand your question - there will be lore for Age of Sigmar, WFRP 4e, and WFB - they are all set at different times and slightly different as I understand it. However, WFB should be much, much closer to 4e lore.

Mercador

Adventurer
If I understand your question - there will be lore for Age of Sigmar, WFRP 4e, and WFB - they are all set at different times and slightly different as I understand it. However, WFB should be much, much closer to 4e lore.
Sorry, English isn't my native language, sometimes I had difficulties to write correctly my ideas.

As I had understood it initially, AoS was a total rebranding of Warhammer, that way they had better controls over IP, naming, etc. I wasn't expecting they would ALSO redo the Old World as well? Or maybe they noticed that old fans were more fans of the old setting than the new.

It feels like if Paizo decided to restart doing Pathfinder 1E stuff.

Remove ads