• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Warlock cantrips

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Have you ever seen a magic weapon? Including a Flametongue Longsword, Oath Bow, or other random stuff? Or does your DM just ignore the entire magic item chapter?
In the three active campaigns I don't recall a magic weapon. There might be one that another player is using in the once-a-month Curse of Strahd campaign, that would be easy for me to not notice.

And no, the DM doesn't ignore the chapter.

As the game doesn't assume magic weapons, and certainly not those that scale by level, magic weapons are not an expectation at any table I've played at or been a DM for.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
except the new book will (if printed as the UA) add them as warlock cantrips... and not have a separate list, and can easily be read as then being added to the list of warlock cantrips
If something says choose from a list and an item is on the list the simplest reading is that you can't choose the item that's on the list

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
thank you, but warlock cantrips are cantrips warlocks can take is not any harder to read
But the rule doesn't state that.

If you order the #1 which is a burger, fries and soda you can't insist that you get the bacon, avocado cheeseburger instead of the burger because it's a type of burger. It's not on the list. It's not an option

But the rule doesn't state that.
did you read what I typed? I never said I could read the mind of the writer, I never said this is some cool rules lawyering,,, I said (as the OPs group shows) you can read it and make the mistake (if it is a mistake again not claiming I can read devs minds) I can make a common reading at basic level of understanding of 5e for either.
If you order the #1 which is a burger, fries and soda you can't insist that you get the bacon, avocado cheeseburger instead of the burger because it's a type of burger. It's not on the list. It's not an option
this reminds me of the grinder place I had to yell at cause my boyfriend is too meek to. He ordered a grinder and it comes Turkey Cheese, Ham, and Bacon with mayo... they then have a list of add ons you can have but one of them is (redacted)'s way and that is onions lettuce tomato seasoning oil and vineger... he ordered it that way and the guy said "That replaces the bacon" and and tried to up charge to add bacon to some grinder that isn't on the menu... I was like "No, you can add any of that stuff for free, OR add bacon to a grinder that doesn't come with bacon for the $2, but you don't get to charge $2 when the base grinder comes with bacon"
afterwards he called me Karen for like a week... but he got his bacon without upcharge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads