D&D 5E Warlock Undying Patron Ideas

gyor

Legend
A Warlock Undying Patron Ideas thread. Just thinking up ideas for an Undying Warlock Patrons, and build choices that would reflect that Patron.

So far the SCAG gives some good ideas, like Liches like the Githyanki Queen, Vol, and Larloch, Asended Gods like Vecna, Demigods like Iuz, Incarnated Gods like Gilgeam, some odd sort enitities like the Undying Arera (sorry if misspelled that), and a ageless wizard.

So here is my list of cool Patrons. This is obviously an update to the Sorceror King pact, themetically and style wise, so the Sorceror Kings of Darksun are obvious, making them perfect Templars. The Gods of Mulhorand, Tzcazzar the Undying (its even in the name), Elminister and his fellow chosen, Nazram the World Walker, a Prince of Shade (I think a few survived its fall), the mortal mind trapped in the weave, Szass Tam, Brimstone the Vampire Smoke Drake, Dracoliches, Divine Minions (a template granted by Mulhorand Gods upon humaniods and outsiders that grants them immortality, fearlessness, unceasing faith, and the ability to shapeshift), Lord Soth, the Lady of Pain maybe, Dark Lords of Ravenloft (any I don't think they age), the Immortals of Mystera setting, The Nameless One from Planescape, surviving powerful beings of the Creator races like Bazram-Gorag Batrachi Lord of Chaos, Batrachi Doppelganger Haask Voice of Hargut, the Leshay (more likely Fey Pact), Surrurks, Archwizard Gromph, Skull Lords, Nightguants, this one is iffy, but an Atropal, Certain Telthors (fey Spirits some of which used to be human), although Telthors are more likely to offer Fey Pacts, Yuanti-Abominations.

For a really out there Patron, someone with the Imprisonment spell cast on them, like say a Princess who has the sleeping verison cast on her, she's eternally asleep which means she techniquely immortal, but you can still comminicate with her via telepathy perhaps, or a spell invading her dreams.

gyor

Legend
Personally, I find the most terrifying Undying Patron to be an Aboleth. Think about that.

They could also be the Undrying Patron

Aboleths were never mortal in anyway, they've always been ageless abbertations, which makes them perfect for the Great Old Ones Patrons.

Mad_Jack

Legend
One good idea would be a former mortal existing under a curse of immortality, perhaps trying to find some way to break it, or to find someone willing (or able to be tricked into) taking their place...

Examples would be things like Davy Jones (from PotC) or Longinus (the Roman soldier who stabbed Jesus with the spear)...

Lanliss

Explorer
I have a Warlock who was previously had Davy jones as an undying patron (I changed it to Archfey for my current game in the interest of trying something different.) I also had one that was basically Indiana Jones, but had stirred a Mummy Lord from his sleep, then pledged to do the lords bidding as a trade for his life.

Other thoughts, if your PC is really crazy, are things like trees or rocks, specifically those clusters of trees that are technically all one big tree that shares a root system (actual name escapes me, but they are definitely in the area of Undying.)

Remove ads