D&D 5E Warlock Undying Patron Ideas

I saw an idea where someone wanted to play a Planescape game as an Undying warlock and their patron would be The Nameless One.

Always thought that was cool.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
I like Larloch… because he is crazy and lawful evil. He is obsessed with learning more about magic and being left alone to do it. So any pact can be good or evil as long as its supports one or both of those goals. If its weird and only half makes since, its even better because is detachment from normal sanity means what makes since to him might not even seem believable to normal people.

I made a warlock of the undying who has Larloch as a patron because the warlock thought he was going to die and made statement in self defeat discarding all hope... "go a head and kill me?!?! Why not you have taken everything else from me!?! If your just going to steel ever thing and leave me with nothing your just a thief!" … Larloch wasn't paying attention to this ant but herd the last part and made him warlock in trade for the corpses of the mans family he just turned to zombies to resupply his staff. It is kind of what the guy said, but he never expected an actual trade. Larloch is lawful evil and the proposal made curtain since, and he was full up now no zombie servants... Now this warlock hates his patron with a burning passion while at the same time being utterly terrified of him. So the warlock is building his power for eventual revenge in the Warlocks Tomb but is too scared to not comply to "requests for information" that the patron might send. A good guy in a pact with an evil patron, doing his bidding on a rare occasion, while wanting nothing more than the destruction of this evil.

gyor

Legend
It occurs to me thanks to the ToTs almost every God in FR was mortal at one point, only to regain immortality, so they all should be able to offer this pact.

Coroc

Hero
Big Kudos for mentioning the sorcerer kings. ATM if I would to convert darksun Templars would be definitely the (only) warlocks instead of clerics. They would be limited to tome pact though. Sword does not make sense bec. of minor quality weapons is standard in DS, chain also not bec. you cannot summon demons there.

I disagree on Iuz though, he is (besides being a god) a Cambion in one of his forms, which means demon aka Tanar'ri. He would be pact of the archfiend, but since he is a demigod with a big clergy he would not bother pacting for locks.

Plamodu978

Villager
I think Halaster Blackcloak, the Mad mage can be a patron for Undying Warlock.
once he dead, But anyway he back, so I think he can be a Undying patron. and he have a purpose...
Keep Undermountain, Collect magic and everything, and Ambition for watch something New.

So Why not?

Remove ads