• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock's Curse: Applied per enemy per round, or just per round?

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
PHB said:
If you damage a cursed enemy, you deal extra damage...You can deal this extra damage once per round.

If I have multiple cursed targets, and I manage to damage all of them (with an Area power, for example), do they all take extra damage - or does just one of them.

In other words, do I apply the extra damage once per round per enemy or once per round, period?

WP

jtrowell

First Post
As far as I know, it is only once per round.

But killing several cursed ennemies can have other effects (Hum, pact of the void attack bonus ... :D)

Palladion

Adventurer
Curse damage may be applied once per round, regardless the number of enemies. Justification for this (other than comparing to rangers and rogues) is that warlock's curse is a single power (with multiple targets). The extra damage applies only once for the power per round.

Hope that helps...

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The elided words in that paragraph make me think it's per enemy per round, just like Hunter's Quarry.

Otherwise, the few Warlock area attacks become much less exciting.

Cheers, -- N

Branduil

Hero
All of the striker bonus damage(from Sneak Attack, Hunter's Quarry, or Warlock's Curse) only applies once per round, period.

Oompa

First Post
It looks quiet simple to me..

You can curse multiple enemies, you can deal the extra damage once per round..

I would just assume once per round per creature.. so i use two powers in one round, damaging all 6 the creatures twice then they get the extra 1d6 once.. and then next round again if i hit them..

HP Dreadnought

First Post
Isn't it true that when making an area attack, you roll an attack roll seperately for each creature, but you make only one damage roll?

If that were the case, then clearly the warlock curse would apply to every creature affected by the one damage roll.

I think in situations where you make more than one damage roll is where it would not apply.

Tale

First Post
It's once per round. Not only is this exactly what it says, but this is in-line with the other Strikers. The Ranger, for example, is generally only allowed one Quarry at a time (with exception for Battlefield Archer), let alone applying it to multiple targets.

Remove ads