Warlord Homebrew Collaboration (+) (Create a 5e Warlord)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm not here to be a lone road block, if everyone else is happy let's do it. Just throwing my two cents in.
Your counter arguments are helpful, keep it up

Personally I like the ‘Duck and Counter attack” option, it makes more sense than inexplicably errant arrows

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So who gets the counter attack? If it's the target that attack could be a lot punchier than anything the monk can manage with a thrown arrow. Or they might not even have a ranged weapon. Maybe that balances out.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The new Way of Mercy Monk subclass in Unearthed Arcana certainly gives some guidance as to the amount of healing a ki point is worth.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I will also say, however, that an arrow going past the wizard into an enemy orc 30ft away absolutely passes the laugh test for me.
yeh I personally have lost arrows that went over a target by 6 inches go 30 yards away let alone 30ft. They even bounce.... so its not necessarily directly behind. Arrows be losted yes they be.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Move to the right 3 foot and the archers arrow aimed at you hits the enemy who is simultaneously adjusting to your movement becomes the target accidently sigh things are happening all at once. (how did the warlord figure that out he is the one paying attention to the whole battle choriography). Friendly fire is extremely common in real life people thinking this is implausible are the ones making me laugh.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
The difference here is that the shooter rolled a hit, he has to have to have triggered the rule. Then the rule retcons it into a miss, a really bad miss, and this happens after the damage roll. I can live with this if it's what everyone wants, but it's weird.

Remove ads