D&D General Was the main plotter right in cancelling his plot to seize the throne after the 13 years old queen fell in love with his 15 year old grandson?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Many years ago, I think it was in Autumn 2,003 but I could be wrong, The Pcs in A Campaign I made but never used got involved in stopping A plot against the throne but it turns out that they didn't need to because the main plotter cancelled his plot to seize the throne after he learnt that the 13 years old queen had fell hopelessly in love with his 15 year old grandson, which means he didn't need to seize the throne, because now within 4 generations, his, his children's, his grandchildren's and his great grandchildren's, will achieve rulership of the country and they will achieve this without murdering the 13 year old queen, her 2 7 year old twin brothers and her 4 year old sister

So was the main plotter right in cancelling his plot to seize the throne after the 13 years old queen had fell in love with his 15 year old grandson when this means that within 4 generations, the plotters, his children's, his grandchildren's and his great grandchildren's, will achieve their dream, rulership of their homeland, and they will achieve their dream without murdering the 13 year old queen, her 2 7 year old twin brothers and her 4 year old sister?

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Pragmatically yes, it is always better to be the power behind the throne than on the throne. The knives are aimed at the person on the throne. The question is why was he plotting in the first place. If his aim was to establish his bloodline on the throne then marriage is a better route. He should have been angling for that in the first place.
However, if he wanted the glory and accolades that go with Kingship, than being grandda to a future heir may be a bit weak sauce.

JMISBEST

Explorer
Pragmatically yes, it is always better to be the power behind the throne than on the throne. The knives are aimed at the person on the throne. The question is why was he plotting in the first place. If his aim was to establish his bloodline on the throne then marriage is a better route. He should have been angling for that in the first place.
However, if he wanted the glory and accolades that go with Kingship, than being grandda to a future heir may be a bit weak sauce.
Since its his Grandson and not his Son that's marrying The Queen, who when the campaign starts is only 13, he'd be the grandfather in law to the countries ruler, it wouldn't be until his 1st great grandchild is on the throne that he'd be related by blood to the king or queen, and the odds of him living that long are so slim that I can't even take a rough guess at what the odds of him living that long would be

Immeril

Explorer
Since its his Grandson and not his Son that's marrying The Queen, who when the campaign starts is only 13, he'd be the grandfather in law to the countries ruler, it wouldn't be until his 1st great grandchild is on the throne that he'd be related by blood to the king or queen, and the odds of him living that long are so slim that I can't even take a rough guess at what the odds of him living that long would be
Well, the plotter is the only one in the OP without his age being mentioned.

These threads, the number of them, and the "soap opera" situations they describe, and the capitalization of them really make me feel like I'm reading the Daily Mail or something. I'm not sure how I feel about that lol.

Immeril

Explorer
These threads, the number of them, and the "soap opera" situations they describe, and the capitalization of them really make me feel like I'm reading the Daily Mail or something. I'm not sure how I feel about that lol.
+ the unnecessary amount of detail. It's almost as if our attention spans are so short that the characters ages need to be mentioned twice in the same post.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Sorry my bad, but my point remains. If family ambition is the motive the marriage route is better.

Okay, but what are his goals? In the OP, you implied that his primary goal was getting his family line into the country's leadership. Is that not the main goal, and he wants to actively and personally experience the benefits of leadership?

Also: is this standard D&D where magic and so on are applicable? It could well be that he could live that long; or do some magic whatzit to transfer his conciousness into the body of a descendent; or who knows what else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases