• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wayne Reynolds contest: THE FINALISTS

Kai Lord

Hero
A'koss said:
Woot!

Go Grenloke!

Actually, I'm a little surprised you picked Gren over Megin - I always thought you liked the latter more (from the last contest). I will admit that Gren though has the more... distinct... appearance however. ;)
Heh, I thought about both of them and decided to go for Grenloke this time around just to switch it up for this contest (even though both made it to the finals last time.)

The 12 finalists can also start thinking about whether or not they want to pay $180 to "upgrade" their drawing to a painting. Might be worth it to ya!

EDIT: Oh and Krail had some pretty amusing criteria for how he made his selections. If someone asks him nicely maybe he'll post 'em. ;)

Oryan77

Adventurer
MrFilthyIke said:
Just realized how many DL characters I'm up against, an uneven battle!

I noticed the same thing when I first saw the finalists. Most of the characters seem to fit the same mold too. :cool:

They're still interesting characters that deserve to win...it's just pretty obvious what fancies these judges tastes :p

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Oryan77 said:
I noticed the same thing when I first saw the finalists. Most of the characters seem to fit the same mold too. :cool:

They're still interesting characters that deserve to win...it's just pretty obvious what fancies these judges tastes :p

What were the similarities you clued in on?

Kai_Lord said:
Oh and Krail had some pretty amusing criteria for how he made his selections. If someone asks him nicely maybe he'll post 'em.

Krail, since you picked mine, what were the criteria? :)

A'koss

Explorer
Kai Lord said:
Heh, I thought about both of them and decided to go for Grenloke this time around just to switch it up for this contest (even though both made it to the finals last time.)
Yeah, I knew I wouldn't get that lucky twice... ;) I had another 3 characters I was very tempted to submit but I thought I'd better not muddy the waters...
The 12 finalists can also start thinking about whether or not they want to pay $180 to "upgrade" their drawing to a painting. Might be worth it to ya!
Oh, absolutely... from what you've been saying Wayne doesn't even normally do commissioned pieces like this. Although, that said, Gren isn't going to get much enhancement in colour... :D
EDIT: Oh and Krail had some pretty amusing criteria for how he made his selections. If someone asks him nicely maybe he'll post 'em. ;)
Okay, I'll bite... how did you pick 'em Krail?

Cheers!

A'koss.

Rawwedge

First Post
Oh My!

Hey there Kai Lord.

My thanks to you and Krail. I made it into the final round last year with my Tatooed Blood Guard Monk named Qayath Otuph ibn Phyk. Here's hoping for Krellick.

Qayath is a great character but has been retired for some time. Krellick, on the other hand, is a current character being played through 10th level at the moment. It would be a real kick if I could win art for him. I look forward to the results.

Good luck to the other eleven.

signed-Rawwedge Son of Molok. (1st edition Dwarven Fighter)

Kai Lord

Hero
Hey guys, I just got word back from Wayne that due to a couple of huge "emergency" commissions he just took on he's currently working 70 hour work weeks and will be for more than a month. As a result, he simply won't have the time to upgrade the winner's drawing into a painting for the time being so that option is no longer available. Maybe in the future, but no guarantees. He's a busy guy and working on some extremely high profile projects.

But at least the winner won't be tempted to spend any of his/her own money and you'll get something that really just isn't made available to fans! He's looking forward to selecting the winner though, I'll post it as soon as he chooses!

Kai Lord

Hero
I hear ya, FilthyIke, I was looking forward to seeing if the winner would get the painting. He's still lined up to do a painting for me in the next few months so if I stay in touch with the winner maybe we can work it in then (assuming the winner was planning on getting the upgrade).

Just to be clear though Wayne is *still* doing a pencil drawing for the winner, probably in the next week or two. So he'll pull a 71 hour week just for one of you guys. Which is pretty freaking cool.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
I hear you Kai, and I'm not going anywhere :p

The wife and I are just flattered to have even been picked. If WAR picked
us, all our of geekiness would be validated in one fell swoop. :D

Remove ads