• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan is in I-20.

I added us all to the attached map in the order I think makes the best sense, but please don't think I'm trying to force everyone into a certain position - I just wanted to put in a little extra effort to speed things up. Feel free to change your character's position.

Attachments

• ambush_01.xls
    33 KB · Views: 85

Rhun

First Post
Bhilbo's map is fine with me.

Rowan continues walking along casually, smoking his pipe and enjoying the sun on his face.

Walking Dad

First Post
Finished!

Surprise Round
Rowan's eyes goe wide as the hobgoblin raiders appear. He quickly gathers his wits, though, and identifying the hobgoblin on the manticore as the largest threat, begins to speak arcane words of power. A mass of thick webbing suddenly explodes around his target, and even as they avoid most of it, they are still unable to move.
The beast and its rider stay webbed, but the hobgoblin begins to cast a spell.
"Pelor sees all, foul bandits!" Collan shouts as the light of the everlasting sun bathes his allies.
The hobgoblin Warriors charge forward, one attacking Collan and the other Toruk. Collan is hit and only his instincts save Toruk!
Then the minotaur charges Toruk! He nearly impales the barbarian with his horns!

[sblock=ooc]
Collan and Rowan can act in the surprise round (1 standard action only)

Initiative (Hob Rider+Manti, Mino, HW1+HW2) (1d20+3=20, 1d20=1, 1d20+1=10)

Rowan's web (just) misses.
Manti tries to move
Str check (1d20+5=10)
Rider casts ?
Collan casts bless
Both Hob War do a partial charge
Attacks vs Collan and Toruk (1d20+4=18, 1d8+1=5, 1d20+6=16, 1d8+1=9)
Toruk is missed (Toruk has uncanny dodge)
Collan is hit for 5 damage.
Minotaur charges Toruk (1d20+9=18, 4d6+6=20)
Toruk is hit for 20 damage!

[sblock=Initiative]
Rowan 21
Hob Rider+Manti 20
Collan 19
Feather 11
Hobgoblin Warriors 10
Paldon 8
Toruk 4
Minotaurus 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]