• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Rhun

First Post
Rowan's eyes goe wide as the hobgoblin raiders appear. He quickly gathers his wits, though, and identifying the hobgoblin on the manticore as the largest threat, begins to speak arcane words of power. A mass of thick webbing suddenly explodes around his target, hopefully slowing him down for a while.

AC18, HP 28/28

Cast Web, centered on the hobgoblin/manticore combo. Spell Check 15

I'm assuming we haven't rested yet? So Rowan hasn't recovered spells, but his Mage Armor should still be in effect.

[sblock=Spells Per Day/Known]
Spells Known:
Level 0 – 6 (Acid Splash), Detect Magic, Read Magic, Daze, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Light
Level 1 – 4 (Mage Armor), Grease, Summon Monster I, Color Spray, Magic Missile
Level 2 - 2 (web), Summon Monster 2, Glitterdust

Spells Per Day:
Level 0 – 6 5
Level 1 – 7 6 5 4 3
Level 2 - 5 4
[/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, F 15 / R 14 / W 18, Spells 0 to 3: 6/4/4/3

"Pelor sees all, foul bandits!" Collan shouts as the light of the everlasting sun bathes his allies.

OOC: Collan casts Bless: allies gain +1 to attack rolls and to defense/saves against Fear.

Rowan, I had an extended rest, so I assume my character did too. :D

Nice to be back.

Walking Dad

First Post
finished

Round 1
Rowan steps into the undergrowth, and incants the words to a magic missile spell. The bluish-white bolts streak from the halfling wizard's hand, blasting into the hobgoblin standing near Collan, dropping him instantly!
The rider and it's manticore are still struck in the web.
Collan draws his bow as he withdraws and casts a spell on the Minotaur, causing him to be bathed in shadow. "May Pelor's eye withdraw!"
Shortly after, Feather steps forward and casts Hideous Laughter at the Minotaur.
The creature is now shaken and laughing!
The remaining warrior attacks Toruk, but misses.
Paldon moves up into the Minotaur's face.
Toruk splits the other hobgoblin in two!
The minotaurus is unable to act because of the heroes magic.

[sblock=ooc]
Rowan kills one Hob.
Manticore Strength (1d20+5=12)
Both spells hit.
Hobgoblin miss.
Paldon moves to J18 (map not updated.)
Toruk kills other Hob.

[sblock=Initiative]
Rowan 21
Hob Rider+Manti 20
Collan 19
Feather 11
Paldon 8
Toruk 4
Minotaurus 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]

Toruk 31 / 51
Collan 19 / 24
Paldon 30 / 30
Rowan 28 / 28
Feather 29 / 29

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan reels at the attack, spinning around. Looking up at Rowan he spies Paldon in the back and his eyes grow wide. "Move! Get out of his way," he says, pointing to the side of the path.

OOC: Collan is motioning for Rowan and Feather to get out of Paldon's charge path.

Rhun

First Post
OOC to Walking Dad: Do you houserule Web? Because Web can't miss. The Manticore can make its save, but it will still be trapped by the webbing per the rule for the spell...it will still have to make STR checks to move at all. Please let me know...

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC to Walking Dad: Do you houserule Web? Because Web can't miss. The Manticore can make its save, but it will still be trapped by the webbing per the rule for the spell...it will still have to make STR checks to move at all. Please let me know...

Sorry, I will look it up and post a correction tomorrow.

Bihlbo

Explorer
OOC: We're not keeping initiative very well, folks.

Round 1

[sblock=Initiative]
Rowan 21
Hob Rider+Manti 20
Collan 19
Feather 11
Hobgoblin Warriors 10
Paldon 8
Toruk 4
Minotaurus 1

[/sblock]

We're still waiting on Rowan to act in this round. Feather's target might have moved by the time she can cast, and the guys Paldon and Toruk attacked could have moved as well, which might open up chances to charge, cleave, etc. Collan's next act will depend on Rowan and the manticore rider, so I'm holding off on posting.

Remove ads