• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Illustration Sketches

Ferret

Explorer
Great axe Tetsubo! :lol:

Any chance of a Bastard sword, nothing fancy, no flames or spikes. Maybe like a serif (??) at an angle on the crossguard pointing inwards. The handle could be wrapped in leather.

Overall I would like it to be sword that doesn't stand out, but is still unique.

Tetsubo

First Post
Ferret said:
Great axe Tetsubo! :lol:

Any chance of a Bastard sword, nothing fancy, no flames or spikes. Maybe like a serif (??) at an angle on the crossguard pointing inwards. The handle could be wrapped in leather.

Overall I would like it to be sword that doesn't stand out, but is still unique.

Thank you.

I'm blanking on what a serif is. Can you point me to an example?

Tetsubo

First Post
Combat Hook...

Just a quick idea I had a work the other day.

Attachments

• combathook.jpg
    combathook.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 125

Cecil

First Post
Thought you might like to see this one. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Tetsubo, thanks for giving me such fine material to work with!

Attachments

• 16Z_hammer05.png
    16Z_hammer05.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 109

JimAde

First Post
Sweet maracas, this stuff is nice! :)

If you're still taking requests/inspiration, I have this from my campaign:

Paired short swords, the pommel is worked into horse-head shapes, the blade is single-edged and slightly curved (wakizashi-like?) and comes to a stabbing point.

One blade delivers sonic damage on a crit, the other electricity (called thunder and lightning, obviously).
Great work here!

ragboy

Explorer
Tetsubo said:
Double Dagger ....

Double edged, double pointed and all business.

Cool dagger! Have a "double sheath" to go with it? : - ) Excellent work throughout this threat Tetsubo. Very inspiring.

Tetsubo

First Post
Thank you both ragboy and JimAde.

JimAde, I'm a bit weak on animal shapes. But if I feel up to the task I may give it a try. Just don't hold your breath. :)

And thank you again Cecil, a lovely render.

FoxWander

Adventurer
I started working my way thru this thread last week, and I just have to say- great work, Tetsubo! You've designed quite an interesting armory here. In fact, you've rekindled my interest in sketching weapons which I used to do quite alot. My interest was especially piqued way back mid-thread when a 'combat crowbar' was requested. The dwarven rogue I played while stationed in Korea decided upon the crowbar as his weapon of choice and I drew a more combat oriented version of one. I lost the original pic, but I recreated this week (along with a few other character inspired weapons). I've attached a collection of these. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Weapon Designs.jpg
    Weapon Designs.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Remove ads