• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Illustration Sketches

Tetsubo

First Post
FoxWander said:
I started working my way thru this thread last week, and I just have to say- great work, Tetsubo! You've designed quite an interesting armory here. In fact, you've rekindled my interest in sketching weapons which I used to do quite alot. My interest was especially piqued way back mid-thread when a 'combat crowbar' was requested. The dwarven rogue I played while stationed in Korea decided upon the crowbar as his weapon of choice and I drew a more combat oriented version of one. I lost the original pic, but I recreated this week (along with a few other character inspired weapons). I've attached a collection of these. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Very cool sketches FoxWander, well done! I like having a chance to see another person's idea of what a "combat crowbar" would look like. :)

I'm honored that my work may have rekindled a creative spark. :)

Feel free to share more if you'd like. I can also recommend two newsgroups if you are interested in a wider audience.

edventure

First Post
A humble request

My Psychic Warrior/Rogue is currently running through the Underdark in the City of the Spider Queen campaign and has taken up a fallen enemy Drows +1 double bladed sword.

If you are so inspired I'd appreciate a sketch of what that might look like. I'll leave all design options in your capable hands. Please keep in mind though that the Drow worshipped the spider god Loth so there should be a bit of spider and/or web influence in it.

Thanks

Tetsubo

First Post
Dragon Paw Flail...

Recently I posted a Double Scythe. Someone jokingly commented that I was headed down the path towards sword-chuks. Which are blatantly silly. But it got me thinking about how to combine a blade with chain into a functional weapon. A single or double edged blade wouldn't strike the target a good deal of the time due to rotation. So I thought that a four bladed design might work. The blade cross-section would be a +. So here you have the Dragon Paw Flail...

Attachments

• flail01.jpg
    flail01.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 126

Tetsubo

First Post
Hand-and-a-half Sword...

Here you go Ferret. I know it's not quite what you requested but its what came out when I did the sketch. It's kind of a Norse design.

Attachments

• sword116.jpg
    sword116.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 124

Ferret

Explorer
Cool. Thanks. I probably won't use it though, like you said it isn't what I requested.

Thats ok, I know that you can't/write without the right inspiration.

Tetsubo

First Post
Targeteron said:
I love that sword tetsubo. *sigh* your weapons are so wonderfull i wish i could let my players find all of them :)

Thank you Targeteron, I appreciate the compliment.

Heck, even my players don't find ALL of them. :) But I do use my own sketches as illustrations in my campaign. It's handy having the sketches around when I need them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads