• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Illustration Sketches

Tetsubo

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Awsome job Tetsubo! I love it!

Thanks,

KF72

p.s. How much would you suggest for the weapon's weight? I'm flexible about it.

Glad you like it.

I think you could pull it off in the 8 - 10 pound range. Less if you made it out of mithril or some other special material.

Tetsubo

First Post

Attachments

• sword117.jpg
    sword117.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 140

grymm

First Post
I really dig all the weapons you have drawn so far and I figured if there ever was someone to help me out on this, it may be Tetsubo. Just some help with a weapon I have in mind. Let me do a character description first.

Kren is a 17yr old fighter. He stands about 6' and weighs in at 175lb. He was sold into slavery at 12 and fought in pit fights the past 3 years of his life. In one battle he won his current weapon off of a hill giant using it as a toothpick. It's a 2 Bladed sword. I figure the hilt would be 18inches and both blades would be 30inches each. I agree with you that the one in the Players Handbook doesn't look too functional and the ones I have seen you draw so far seem to be not the style I was looking for. I did see a couple of your designs that struck my fancy on your normal swords. I definitely liked the axiomatic sword and the great sword. I was toying with the idea of mirroring them.

The way I see it would be like I said the blades would be 30inches and the hilt is 18inches. I was thinking the blades would get wider closer to the hilt. The normal width of the blade would be about 3 inches and would widen to about maybe 4-5 inches. The handle itself would be 2inches in diameter. When I picture the character wielding it, it would be very streamlined with no curves.

Sorry if I am sounding like a pain. I have this vision in my head with no artistic ability whatsoever. Hope you can give me a hand. Thanks in advance, Tetsubo.

Goobermunch

Explorer
DMAC said:
This came out of a very strange discussion. Behold the mighty Flamingo Blade:

flamingo.gif

I see the Imperial Guard of the Flamingo Throne armed with these blades. Raised from birth as relentless warriors of the divine bird, they are demons in combat. Combining monastic training, martial prowess, and mental discipline, the Flamingo Guard may treat the Flamingo Blade as a monk weapon for the purposes of their flurry of blows attack. Flamingo Guards may multiclass freely between monk and either fighter or psychic warrior.

The Flamingo Guard begin combat in a distinctive one legged stance. Foes often mistakenly assume that the Guardsmen will be easy pickings for a bull-rush or trip attack. Many the non-believer has been surprised by a viscious flying slash attack in response to an attempted trip.

--G

Tetsubo

First Post
Goobermunch said:
I see the Imperial Guard of the Flamingo Throne armed with these blades. Raised from birth as relentless warriors of the divine bird, they are demons in combat. Combining monastic training, martial prowess, and mental discipline, the Flamingo Guard may treat the Flamingo Blade as a monk weapon for the purposes of their flurry of blows attack. Flamingo Guards may multiclass freely between monk and either fighter or psychic warrior.

The Flamingo Guard begin combat in a distinctive one legged stance. Foes often mistakenly assume that the Guardsmen will be easy pickings for a bull-rush or trip attack. Many the non-believer has been surprised by a viscious flying slash attack in response to an attempted trip.

--G

Well done Goobermunch! :)

Goobermunch

Explorer
I've also got a request, but first some backstory. My grandfather spent a lot of time in the Samoan Islands. He brough back a trio of tribal weapons for my dad. The coolest of those was a Samoan Spear. It's got a very short haft, maybe 24-30" and tri-lateral symmetry when viewed top down. Each edge has a row of viscious barbs in a pattern that looks like \|/ (though the angle between the vertical barb and the other two barbs is closer to 60 degrees).

I was hoping you might be able to do something like that with a more modern feel.

The next weapon is a little less fleshed out. I'm playing a Dathomiri Force Adept in a Star Wars Campaign. One of my weapons is a short sword that was carved from the femur of a Rancor. I really like the style of sword95 and FoxWander's Cutter from p. 18. I'd love to see what you could do with it.

--G

dead_radish

Explorer
Once again, excellent stuff, Tetsubo. I really like the last two - that double sword is something I'd actually be afraid of if it came barrelling down at me, and I've yoinked the Tiger Claw for a character I'm creating currently. ;)

The thing that really frightens me is that I check on Saturday, go home for a day, and come back, and there's 3 new drawings. ;) Well done!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads