• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Illustration Sketches

edventure

First Post
Tetsubo said:
I like the blades. I think the grip shape is OK. But I'd make it it a tad slimmer, less "chunky" if you know what I mean. Think of a tool handle, they are almost always slim. There's a reason for that... :) If it were my design (not knocking your idea here) I'd have the center piece (with the gem) be metal, as well as the two grip ends. But the two sections in between would be wood. Maybe covered with leather, maybe not. I think you have a solid design idea here. It just may need a bit of "tinkering".

If you could see how many times I erase a single line before I'm happy with it...

Thanks for the advice. I must admit that I swiped the blade design from a dagger on the internet and then stretched it to make it fit for the blades.

I scrapped the handle itself and just kept the end parts. I made the crystal one solid piece and then bolted on some wooden grips on top of that. I also recolored the crystal as there was entirely too much blue there.

Attachments

• thalen3.jpg
    thalen3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 125

Tetsubo

First Post
edventure said:
Thanks for the advice. I must admit that I swiped the blade design from a dagger on the internet and then stretched it to make it fit for the blades.

I scrapped the handle itself and just kept the end parts. I made the crystal one solid piece and then bolted on some wooden grips on top of that. I also recolored the crystal as there was entirely too much blue there.

I "borrow" design ideas from everywhere... :)

Much better. Now it looks like a solid, useable design. Congrads.

orbitalfreak

First Post
It's been a while since I've been by the boards here, but I'm glad to see you're still putting out quality stuff, Tetsubo. I got a hankering to do a bit of colorizing again, and plucked out one of your earlier axes (Steel Axe, axe97, not sure where it is in the thread, so a link), and came out with this result.

Tetsubo

First Post
orbitalfreak said:
It's been a while since I've been by the boards here, but I'm glad to see you're still putting out quality stuff, Tetsubo. I got a hankering to do a bit of colorizing again, and plucked out one of your earlier axes (Steel Axe, axe97, not sure where it is in the thread, so a link), and came out with this result.

Thank you. Both for the comment and your colorization. :)

Tetsubo

First Post
Heavy Mace...

The tubular steel shaft runs from the pommel sphere to the top spike. Near the spike and sphere are two hexagon shaped "nuts" that hold the whole assembly together: spike, end cap, wooden head, end cap and shaft. The large studs are screwed into the wooden head.

Attachments

• mace16.jpg
    mace16.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 87

Tetsubo

First Post
It seems that the Admins are trying to cut back on the bandwidth usage. Which I can fully understand. I won't be posting images here any longer in an effort to aid this task.

I can be contacted at: tetsubo@comcast.net

Or at either of these newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.fantasy-sci-fi
alt.binaries.pictures.weapons

I read each daily.

I will still be taking requests for sketches. I will start a new image-free thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads