• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

woonga

First Post
Hello! Relatively new DM. After a ~year long hiatus, my group shifted from Pathfinder to 5e and I picked up the DM mantle. The ruleset is really clicking with the group, and I'm thrilled to have everyone back around the table. I've already pulled a bunch of great info from this community as both a player and DM, so am looking forward to stop lurking and start contributing.

thefrickinpope

First Post
Hey everyone, been gaming since middle school, though it's been a year or two since I had a proper steady group together. Looking to have some fun and gain some exp!

texastoast

Explorer
Been lurking for a few weeks (even downloaded the mobile app!). I played D&D in middle school and high school (2nd Ed. AD&D - I DM'ed Dark Sun, probably quite poorly), and I've been playing in a roughly monthly game with some friends locally for 4 or 5 years. Now somehow I've gotten myself into DMing Curse of Strahd for my family - my wife and sons, 12 and 10. None of them has ever played D&D before, so it's a heck of a challenge, especially because I'm also learning 5th Edition for the first time. I've gotten some great ideas from these forums, and now it's time to share some of my ideas and try to get specific help with my game.

Mgellis

First Post
Hello. I actually came to change my password (I'm changing a lot of them because of Cloudbleed), but it looks like my registration never went through in the first place. So, here I am!

Boriss

First Post
Well, I'm new here, been playing D&D since 1985, and I still get confused really easily!

I'm hoping to talk about things to other players, we're now into a major long term adventure and its quite nice to be able to be able to properly develop a character and do some serious roleplaying.

Sjappo

Villager
Hi all. Long time gamer, first time poster.

Been gaming since, Oooh, I don't know, the early 80's? I became more serious, and interested in, then, AD&D 2nd edition, around 1990. I've been playing DnD since then. With brief forays in Vampire, Mage and other WW games. Now it's exclusively DnD 5. Once every 2 weeks for a few hours. Kids and work and, well, life gets in the way of gaming more. I do miss it, sometimes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads