• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

aaidann

First Post
Radiant Consumption

Hi everyone I'm just getting started with DnD 5e. The Scourge Aasimar variant class has the Radiant Consumption ability which does radiant damage to everyone 10 feet around you, including yourself. One of the Aasimar's traits is resistance to Necrotic and Radiant damage. So in that case do you not take damage from Radiant Consumption?

beck

First Post
Greetings and Salutations EnWorld!

Name's Beck, and I'm reaching out through the web to try and connect with some like-minded folks who might be in the similar life-predicament of having 2 young kids, a job, and countless other real-world responsibilities but yearning to have some creative play time.

I think I'm going to shoot for some play-by-post games, as I think that's about the level of commitment I can give.

At the moment, I'm very interested in Ken Hite's Night's Black Agents ("Jason Bourne meets Dracula") which runs on the GUMSHOE engine. If anyone's interested in playing, I posted a thread in the "Looking for Gamers" section and would love to hear from you.

Numbers-wise, this looks to be a thriving community, so I'm hopeful about getting some collaborative storytelling done and having a blast doing it.

Take care, all.

JBGarrison72

Explorer
You may have heard of me, I am Jeff the Many-Splendored, an ancient 2 Hit Dice humanoid half-potato which first sprouted in the era of the glorious X-Generation of the 1970's ...and had my first wandering encounter with 1d6+1 AD&D hardcover books in the early 80's.

I have some real friends offline, for real; they are named Fonkin Hoddypeak, Beek Gwenders of Croodle, and Frush O'Suggil... verified legit (make a Sense Motive check DC 5).

I_Cast_Silence

First Post
Hey everyone on ENWorld! I'm I_Cast_Silence and I'm a new D&D player of two years. My irl name is Kage (no, not like Nicholas Cage, but Johnny Cage). I started with 2e, didn't really understand it, but it was a lot of fun, and then I got the core rulebooks for 5e, and I'm just in love, mostly with building optimized characters in both RP and combat. I really want to GM, but I dislike the players I play with, bar two, so I hope to find a group I can play with on here!

Goodbye.

Waynan

Adventurer
Hello Everyone, I'm Waynan.

I may be one of the "old men" of the group. In my middle-late 50's and have been a player for 37 to 38 years (almost 38). I love every generation of D&D, from OD&D, B/X D&D, and 1e AD&D to 5e D&D skipping only 4e (because of time constraints to play and limited funds at that time).

I also enjoy many other RPG games/systems. I listed many of them in my profile; but to list some of my faves of other RPGs (at present): Castles & Crusades; Mutant: Year Zero; Dungeon World; Call of Cthulhu; and Steampunk.

OK...'nuff said

Falrus

First Post
Hi everybody! I'm from Argentina, I am 21 years old. I started playing d&d some months ago and now i've played a couple of adventures with my friends as a DM. I'm not an active person on forums but I try to show up some times when I have doubts. Thanks for the welcome!

SigmaSeed

First Post
So this is the catch-all newbie "Hello" thread? Well, I'm in that camp, so I appreciate that this is here. Hello! I have never played D&D, but I tried a much simpler version of it with my family (same game, far less rules and dice rolls) and enjoyed that, and know I'll like it even more with more depth, so I came here to find people to play with :)

Remove ads