D&D General Welcome Thread

Wikedeye

First Post
Hello everyone. I am Wikedeye and I am new to the forum. I have been playing tabletop RPG's for quite a while minus the few years of college that I could not find a group. Just wanted to say hi!

Engstrom

First Post
Hi there! I used to play D&D, CoC, Paranoia and others back in the 80s and am only now just getting back into it. I spent 20 years in the video games industry until redundancy led me back to study. I want to use role-playing D&D and others to kickstart some writing projects and see where that leads me.
Looking forward to getting stuck in!

freshleecut

First Post
Hello everyone,

I found this site while hunting down some resources to help me run my first D&D game in about 20 years. Thanks for having me!

I'd love to find a game to play in, either locally or virtually, that fits my busy schedule. Looking for a group will likely be my next action item here.

In the late eighties I had several friends and family members run me through AD&D and 2nd edition games and I "ran" a few games but honestly focused on the role play and fun and not so much on the actual rules. In the nineties I got into James Bond, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Marvel and DC Heroes, Vampire and Mage. I took a couple decades off to get a few degrees, start a small business, buy a home and have a kid.

After stumbling onto some online games I learned about what was called D&D Next at the time... and got really excited. I honestly wasn't even aware of 3, 3.5 or 4th editions but everything I was hearing about 5e got me excited to play again.

I really look forward to learning all I can from this community and contributing when appropriate... but I'll likely stay fairly quiet since I'm far from any kind of expert when it comes to tabletop RPG. Thanks again for welcoming me!

Cheers
freshleecut

MechEng82nd

Villager
Hi everyone,

I'm just getting back into gaming after 30+ years. I found this site while looking up different SciFi games I could get into and found N.E.W. I'm really looking forward to N.O.W.

Geriffin

First Post
Hello everyone,
I'm Geriffin and I am from Austria. I started playing D&D over 10 years ago as a Boccob cleric in an 3.5 campaign. I am still playing in a 3.5 campaign (earthdwarven barbarian) and also master a 5e setting with 6 players, who, all but one, play for the first time any kind of pen-and-paper RPG. It's fun.

Remove ads