• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

KRGOS

Villager
Hello, all - I've done a fair amount of lurking but I finally joined. I've only been playing for a couple of years after a very long hiatus since college days. I'm playing 2 5th ed games in the PF universe and another PF game and am enjoying learning the nuances of world-building. B-) I'm taking notes for the time when I have a chance to run a game on my own...I feel that I have a long ways to go until then!

Irda Ranger

First Post
Hello friends! I have been a member here since about a week after the GenCon when 3.0 was first announced, and I still love it here. Welcome!

Tentathian

First Post
Hi, I'm new here and only been playing D&D for about 2 months now on Sunday afternoons. Currently playing with a few preteens, teens and my 12 yr old daughter...im 42 smh, just wanna cry sometimes, but oh well. we're learning to play and I'm going to try my hand at DM'ing some as well.

Halboy60

Villager
There is a book you can pick up that is really good for beginner DM's. It's called Dungeon and Dragons Dungeon Mastering for Dummies. I found it very helpful
when I first began Dungeon Mastering. I'm now 62 and been dm'ing for about 15-20 years.

Halboy60

Villager
getting 3yr old involved

One way would be to purchase the plastic minatures and show them to him and tell him he can play with them if he don't try and eat them. LOL!!
But seriously, just have him sit in your lap and create some funny situations where the players will be able to laugh and have fun and soon he'll see that
the game is fun to play. Of course he will most likely be around 8-10 years old before he will actually have your undivided attention. LOL!!

Last edited:

Lionman1970

First Post
Hi all, I'm David... 47 years old, US
I'm just an old gamer now teaching his Daughter to play :)
Any suggestions on downloadable PDF Basic D&D adventures would be appreciated.
Thanks!

blnecolwell

First Post
Hi, I'm Bob. I played a lot during 1st Ed days, and then thought I was too old for about 30 years. However, I've been playing Pathfinder now for almost 10 years.
I prefer 1st Ed., then Castles & Crusades, but familiar with Pathfinder and learning 5th Ed.

Remove ads