Critical Role Wendy’s sponsoring Critical Role?

Harzel

Adventurer
We really are living in a dystopia...

I'm not sure how far we can go with this convo here, but while I think I understand your sentiment, I disagree, at least to the extent that things are not really, actually any worse than they have ever been. I think it's just that the obviousness of the problems and who they affect most tend to swirl and change over time. Even having nasty stuff raised to the surface and exposed can be a form of progress.

EDIT: But I am not saying one shouldn't call out stuff that is problematic.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I'm not sure how far we can go with this convo here, but while I think I understand your sentiment, I disagree, at least to the extent that things are not really, actually any worse than they have ever been. I think it's just that the obviousness of the problems and who they affect most tend to swirl and change over time. Even having nasty stuff raised to the surface and exposed can be a form of progress.

EDIT: But I am not saying one shouldn't call out stuff that is problematic.
Doctorbadwolf said it well. Things have always been bad in one way or another, and the ways in which they’re bad now are perhaps more bearable than the ways they have been in times past. I could say more, but I’ll leave it at that.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I was surprised that it wasn’t originally a charity match-up, like with 826-LA. Glad they did the right thing in the end, and hopefully they’ll think harder about who they want to get into bed with in future.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was surprised that it wasn’t originally a charity match-up, like with 826-LA. Glad they did the right thing in the end, and hopefully they’ll think harder about who they want to get into bed with in future.

I mean, I wasn't really aware of the problems with Wendy's before this week, because I never think about Wendy's. Now, I know to avoid them. So, backfired?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I mean, I wasn't really aware of the problems with Wendy's before this week, because I never think about Wendy's. Now, I know to avoid them. So, backfired?

Yeah, it seems so. But it also left a mark on the Critical Role team too, which is unfortunate.

They do not pay or treat their workers as well as other fast food companies, is the big one. Some sketchiness about their supply chain, too. Not a super-duper ethical company by the standards of the fast food industry.
What they said, but also, they interfered with/opposed work to protect the people who work the farms that provide their produce.

They also have strong ties financially to political figures and organizations that are in direct and unreconcilable opposition to the espoused ideals of the CR team.

That’s about all that can be said without “discussing politics”. If you google “wendy’s Controversy”, it should bring up results that will further illuminate the situation.
I see Wendy's like a lot of large corporations is Lawful Evil. And like a lot of the large corporations is run by things who are doing a poor job of pretending to be human.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I see Wendy's like a lot of large corporations is Lawful Evil. And like a lot of the large corporations is run by things who are doing a poor job of pretending to be human.

Well, the thing about this is that Wendy's is noticeably worse than McDonalds, Burger King and other large fast food conglomerates. It's not that they are failing against some Platonic ideal of ethics: they are failing at the standards being met regularly by other similar organizations.

Well, the thing about this is that Wendy's is noticeably worse than McDonalds, Burger King and other large fast food conglomerates. It's not that they are failing against some Platonic ideal of ethics: they are failing at the standards being met regularly by other similar organizations.
Were the designers even paid? Or were they just "paid" with exposure?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases