Werewolf: the Apocalypse 5th Edition Trailer

Hunters Entertainment, who created Kids on Bikes and The ABCs of D&D has announced, Werewolf 5th Edition for 2021.

HUNTERS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP FOR WEREWOLF: THE APOCALYPSE 5TH EDITION

Los Angeles, CA - December 7th 2019. Hunters Entertainment (Kids on Bikes, Outbreak: Undead, Altered Carbon) is excited and proud to announce their partnership with Paradox Interactive, the owners of the World of Darkness (Vampire: The Masquerade, Bloodlines 2, Mage: The Ascension) to develop and publish Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition, the next evolution of the fan-favorite tabletop roleplaying game through Renegade Games (Scott Pilgrim, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Clank, Lanterns).

Werewolf: The Apocalypse takes place in a fictional version of our Earth: the World of Darkness. In the World of Darkness, werewolves, vampires, magicians, and monsters are all living among us. An entire supernatural world hidden in plain sight. You are one of these monsters, pretending to be human but fighting for survival and supremacy among mysteries and conspiracies that threaten the existence of humanity.

"Werewolf is about how we help/hinder each other to survive against great odds," said Ivan Van Norman, partner and producer of Hunters Entertainment. "This game was the first campaign I ever GM’ed, and I believe its stories are more relevant and impactful now than they’ve ever been - which is why we're excited to bring it back to fans old and new."

Players will play as Garou, individuals born of two worlds, the material and the Umbra (spirit world), who can shapeshift into wolves at will. In Werewolf: The Apocalypse the world, Gaia, is dying. After many generations, the Garou - Gaia’s chosen warriors and defenders - are divided on how to save the planet, their spiritual mother. Attacked by outside forces and plagued by infighting, each Garou tribe shares different ideologies and goals, which have - up to this point - all failed them in their ultimate goal, to rescue a dying Gaia.

Set to release in 2021, the new edition of Werewolf: The Apocalypse has been long anticipated by fans and was teased at PDX Con in Berlin by the World of Darkness team.

"The story of the Garou has never been more relevant than it is today, which means Werewolf has an important role in the unique, global, transmedia setting we are building with the World of Darkness. In Hunters Entertainment we have a partner who clearly shares our passion for The Apocalypse," said Sean Greaney, Brand Manager for World of Darkness at Paradox Interactive. "We were particularly impressed by their creative vision and ability, and so we are very happy to be partnering with them in bringing this newest chapter of Werewolf to the world."

Mechanically, the game is set to share a lot of similarities with the recent release of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition but will have a lot of elements that make it unique.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition will be marketed and distributed by Renegade Games, and will be available in retail stores internationally and online.

Last edited:

Why a parnetship with Hunter Entermainent? OK, it is their business, their money, and they can to do they want. But Hunter Entermainent has got som link or contact with D&D.

I love the changing breeds, even I bought the book of the Wyrm 20 An because it had got new races, but adding too much and WoD becomes Jurassic Park. My solution? Easy, a fantasy reality counterpart as 7th Sea.

I have bought some books of W:tA and I am not interesting to buy the new edition only to get the updated crunch.

I don't like the garous very much because their idea of recovering the natural balance is mankind come back to the prehistory, or pre-industrial revolution age. And I hate reading some text about I have to feel guilty because I live in the Western civilitation and my country's economy needs some sacrifices to save the planet but Chinese or Russian pollution has total impunity. Why not a Pentex's brother with an Arabian, Russian or Chinese name? Why not to talk about bioregenation, the curtivated fields to clean the pollution? I hate that speech about the Weaver is the evil and guilty because Wyrm became mad.

Arilyn

Hero
Why a parnetship with Hunter Entermainent? OK, it is their business, their money, and they can to do they want. But Hunter Entermainent has got som link or contact with D&D.

I love the changing breeds, even I bought the book of the Wyrm 20 An because it had got new races, but adding too much and WoD becomes Jurassic Park. My solution? Easy, a fantasy reality counterpart as 7th Sea.

I have bought some books of W:tA and I am not interesting to buy the new edition only to get the updated crunch.

I don't like the garous very much because their idea of recovering the natural balance is mankind come back to the prehistory, or pre-industrial revolution age. And I hate reading some text about I have to feel guilty because I live in the Western civilitation and my country's economy needs some sacrifices to save the planet but Chinese or Russian pollution has total impunity. Why not a Pentex's brother with an Arabian, Russian or Chinese name? Why not to talk about bioregenation, the curtivated fields to clean the pollution? I hate that speech about the Weaver is the evil and guilty because Wyrm became mad.
The garou tribes have differing ideas on how to save the planet. One tribe wants to wipe out humanity, one wants to return humanity to a pre-industrial state, one wants to join with humans to arrive at solutions, one actually believes technology is the key, and so on. This brings on the tension, as the garou must somehow forge an alliance and a solution to the imbalance. I always felt the whole weaver, wyrm, wild was more of a tragedy, and less one being more evil than the other. The garou all have their own ideas on this, of course.

I don't think the authors want to pick on just western civilization. It's just that they live in the west and don't want to throw stones at other cultures.

Nobody is expecting us to feel guilty. Many things feel beyond our control in this world. Games give us power, even if it is only in our imaginations. It's cathartic, and might give us a little confidence and hope to do some real good in the real world.

PabloM

Adventurer
I don't get it. Wasn't it that Modiphius was going to take care of the 5th edition of WoD after the last White Wolf controversy?

This is strange, it sound like a future change of owner. I am not against parnertship, but the different lines of WoD should have got some coordination about metaplot. I wonder about WotC buying other TTRPGs publishers.

Garous says Doctor Doom should rule the world to save the ecosystem and the kingdom of Wakanda should reject the high-tech.

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
That teaser didn’t strike a cord with me....definitely appeals to someone who knows the setting and such. My last foray in the world of darkness was early 2000 and had fun with it (2nd edition) but this teaser doesn’t stoke the interest to jump back in...its missing something for me I guess.

Anoth

Adventurer
Personally I don’t think the lore after vampire 2E was good. I hope they do a better job on werewolf 5E. Now I do like some of the mechanical changes. Just not the fluff. Looking forward to reading the books.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases