We've lost the DM Experience by Chris Perkins

Well, we've lost some of it.

If you go to the new Wizards D&D website and go to their articles, you can see all of the old articles up until Stephen King's Third Eye (posted on 02/23/2012). Anything older than that is apparently gone.

I've tried Google and the Way Back Machine, but to no avail.

Does anyone still have that compiled PDF they released? I'd hate to think that we've lost those articles forever. They've taught me a lot about being a better DM and it has benefited my campaigns a lot. It would be a shame if new DMs couldn't benefit from the same solid advice that I had.

I've notified Wizards through Twitter. Here's to hoping they restore our access to those articles!

Edit: I've found the PDF on my old laptop, and I have attached it to this post. The latest article in it is Player vs. Player, which was uploaded on 12/22/2011. So we're missing around 8 articles.

Attachments

• DM_Experience_2011.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 6,893
Last edited:

Thanks for the tip! The archive trick is going to make things a lot easier.

I also found a document of a project I worked on a few years ago: a compilation of all of the DMEXP articles. I had apparently started right after the final article of the 2011 compilation, and gave up - as luck would have it - right before the last article we can access through the website. So I actually have all the articles. What are the odds?

I'm reviving the project and I hope to finish it by the end of next month. So that no matter what happens in the future, I will always have my compilation pdf to fall back on.

Now I need a name for the project. I have called it Project Perkins in the past, but I'm thinking of changing the name to Codename: Perkins in an effort to stay hip.

Reemer

First Post
Thankyou guys so much for finding this. I found these articles 6 months ago and read every one. Went to reread them and BOOM they are gone! I know for sure he did them in 2012 as well, is there anyway to find those too?

Hello.

I saw in an old AMA that you had found most of Chris Perkins' The DM Experience, excluding Ice Capades.

Could you help me get closer to my own complete collection?

I have all of them except Ice Capades, The Circus is in Town, and Real Complicated.

Any of these you can help me find will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Remove ads