• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wh

Ahnirades

First Post
You know, I never thought about this, but I completely agree.

I think WFRP2 mechanics + Greyhawk setting has a certain degree - heck, a huge degree - of brilliance.

Thanks! The idea struck me a few months ago whilst digging through some old AD&D modules. It was the late medieval story of mundane investigation tinged with supernatural dread in The Sininster Secret of Saltmarsh that really made me sit up and give serious consideration. After that the floodgates were open to the horrific potential of adventures like The Temple of Elemental Evil and Against the Giants played through the dark, distorting lens of Warhammer. Greyhawk, with it's vast and impenetrable geography, crumbling feudal states and quasi-european culture feels like the perfect backdrop for a system that emphasises strength of arms, force in numbers and ambush tactics.

I also like the Empire and the surrounding environs, though. :)

Agreed. The Old World remains one of my favourite settings in print. In no way would I wish WFG to be seen as a challenge to it's undisputed awesomeness.

Last edited:

Serendipity

Explorer
It's been a favourite of mine for decades, offering a grimmer, more bloodthirsty alternative to traditional high fantasy gaming. Warhammer Fantasy Greyhawk is a project I've had on the back burner for a few months now, being a darker interpretation of the Oerth depicted in the U series of modules and the original boxed set. I think the WFRP 2E ruleset - and the career system in particular - would be a great fit for EGG's setting.

WOW. Hidden f*$king brilliance. The Great Kingdom c. 576 (each broken into various smaller states) is very similar to the Empire with it's elector counts etc etc.
I'm now envisioning the original enemy within campaign set in the Great Kingdom. Whew! Wonderful notion.
Keep us updated if you start working this up?

(Not to mention the fun you could have subbing Hepmonaland for Lustria; just stat out a bunch of debased slaads and call them the Old Slann)

Last edited:

Breakdaddy

First Post
WFRP2 has an excellent and easy to use system. It is quite deadly, but the default assumption for the old world is that life is fairly cheap. The setting is great, with lots of diversity once you leave the empire to explore the remainder of the old world. Chaos is just cool, and some of the creatures that are spawned from chaos are downright scary. If the forces of chaos arent enough, people are constantly stabbing each other in the back and waylaying one another for little more than pocket change, making the roadways extremely dangerous for the uninitiated. Overall, one of my favorite systems and settings out there, I just wish I could play it a little more often.

Remove ads