• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WH40K Dark Heresy

klofft

Explorer
OK. So I waited a couple months too long on this one. I thought the news of FFG buying the game line would have kept it in circulation a bit longer. But now I can't find a copy anywhere. Does anyone know of an online source with any copies new in stock for no more than retail? Thanks.

C

From what I understand Black Industries sold out within the first few hours. I know that the Borders in Lee’s Summit had one the last time I was there, but that was a few weeks ago. I’ve heard that getting a second printing of Dark Heresy out is one of the first things on FF’s to-do list.

johnnype

First Post
From what I understand they are also increasing the price of the rulebook by $10. Probably to defray some of the costs of obtaining the license.

Imperialus

Explorer
I love DH. It does a nice job of balancing a class based system while still allowing for a wide variety of options. Some people have issues with the implied setting. but that can be worked around. There is a hard working (if somewhat fractured) fan community producing some high quality stuff for everyone from Sisters of Battle to Space Marines so that opens the playing field a bit more. Just as an example, the Sisters of Battle supplement by The Patriot (Richard someone or other) is almost professional in terms of production quality and it's free. Unfortunately the various factions are at each others throats over fiddly little issues so it's unclear how splintered the community will eventually end up being.

Here is a project I've been working on to develop a Space Marines campaign. It's mostly just my collected thoughts but I plan on following through with it until the campaign actually gets going so I'd love comments.

Spinachcat

First Post
klofft said:
Yeah, I may have to just wait for the FFG version. Will it be worth $10 more? Anyone?

I love DH. If you like Warhammer RPG and if you like the 40k universe, you will probably really love DH too. If you never played Warhammer RPG or 40k, then its a question whether you would enjoy a very brutal, high kill RPG of science fiction investigation in an oppressive, unflinchingly evil far future.

DH is Survival Horror & Space Mysteries. Think SpyCraft + Paranoia + Call of Cthulhu mixed to a doom metal soundtrack. If you want a copy, call around bookstores and have them check their regional stock. I know friends have picked up copies through B&N when the B&N website said it was sold out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads