What’s make you feel magical?

What’s make you feel magical?

Forget the debate about cantrip, share here what makes you feel magic.
Movie scene, book character, DnD stuff, everything is good.

I start with Dr Strange in the infinity war, when he scan the 6 millions possible future path to find ouf the only one that lead to victory.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
On a more serious note, my supernatural power over traffic lights (which doesn't work if I doubt it), and the fact that my mother's side of the family seems to have descended from Hitchhiker rain gods.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Luke TRYING to pick up the X-wing, and the look on Yoda's face as he watches.

At a convention: Doing some ham acting as part of a Persuade / Deception attempt, getting positive reaction from the other players at the table, and rolling a nat 20.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Writing or telling a story, or story element for my game, or whatever it is, and having really excited reactions to the ideas, and how i present them.

i once spent 6 hours describing my ideal Day One reboot of the entire DC universe. I made someone cry, and got a chorus of "F YEAH!"s, twice.

It was like taking drugs. I felt like a gorram wizard.

flametitan

Explorer
Luke TRYING to pick up the X-wing, and the look on Yoda's face as he watches.

At a convention: Doing some ham acting as part of a Persuade / Deception attempt, getting positive reaction from the other players at the table, and rolling a nat 20.

In a similar note, when Lukes switches off his targetting computer always had this magical feeling from the faith put into a hokey religion at such a critical junction.

In general, that seems to be the common thread of what really "feels" like magic to me. What magic can do is irrelevant. It's about the weight of the situation, and the gravitas given to it. It's about the act of putting absolute trust in a force beyond one's control to set things right, the awe of those who witnessed a literal miracle before their eyes.

I saw again the hobbit during the Christmas break, and I’m still amaze at Galadriel incarnation by Cate Blanchet.
Nothing flashy, but I can fell the thousandth years old and the grace of elven magic.

Remove ads