What 3E Core Races have you used and LIKED?

What 3E Core Races do you use and enjoy?

Dyne

First Post
Honestly, I've enjoyed all the races and would be really sad to see any of them go. However, I suppose I tend more toward Humans and Elves, with Dwarves following close behind. I really liked Half-Elves when I first started the game, but I have since come across quite a few nutty Half-Elf players that almost ruined the race for me.

Quel_technoh

First Post
Generally I usually play a Dwarf or a Gnome, as both are interesting species with a wide variety of talents that are not generally drawn upon by my gaming group. Otherwise, I'd take human, but I enjoy my previous choices substantially more.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
I've seen my players use all of them and enjoy all of them, but I'm hoping the gnome is out in 4E as a core race. It's just not different enough from dwarves and halflings in my opinion, and even seems to be a cross between the two. The few gnomes I've seen in play seemed to played just like halflings or dwarves anyway, or worse, played silly, which is fun at first but gets old in any campaign that plays for a while.

The Green Adam

First Post
Let's see...All of them and more. I never understand cutting an idea unless it just stinks or you intend to add it in later. That or include a system for creating PC races.

AD

Nellisir

Hero
I checked Humans, dwarves, and gnomes. I want to like elves, but the 3e elves are just "meh". Halfling don't do much for me; ditto half-elves and half-orcs.

LoPaC

First Post
I used to only play Humans and Half-elves exclusively, having a serious policy against small characters. But, I started playing Halfling rouges, and changed my policy to races that start with "G" ;)

Remove ads