D&D 4E What 4E class do you most want to try out?

What class will first 4e character be?

• Cleric

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Fighter

Votes: 40 15.6%
  • Paladin

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Ranger

Votes: 19 7.4%
  • Rogue

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Warlock

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Warlord

Votes: 43 16.8%
  • Wizard

Votes: 63 24.6%

Glyfair

Explorer
To tell the truth, I won't know until I see the classes. The actual abilities will likely swing the vote. Right now I have interest in the Wizard, Warlord and Warlock. That being said, a really interesting ability or take on a class could easily swing my opinion in any direction.

Mercule

Adventurer
I was always a ranger kinda guy, until they turned him into some tree-hugging pansy. The warlock might lure me to play a "caster", though.

ivocaliban

First Post
If invited to a game I would most likely want to start out as a Fighter. After hearing all the rants about broken Fighters for the duration of 3.0/3.5e, I'd hope 4e fixes the problem. Playing a Fighter seems like a good way to test the vaunted improvements of the new edition.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Mercule said:
I was always a ranger kinda guy, until they turned him into some tree-hugging pansy. The warlock might lure me to play a "caster", though.

You mean the divine casting, animal companion thing? Yeah, I'd be happy if the 4E ranger was spell-less and more of a rugged survivalist guy. Nothing mystical; all training and rancid bear fat.

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
Zaruthustran said:
Yeah, I'd be happy if the 4E ranger was spell-less and more of a rugged survivalist guy. Nothing mystical; all training and rancid bear fat.

Me too, the spell-casting aspect of the ranger has never jived with me in any edition, but as he has apparently mugged the scout and taken his purse we should be looking forward to a kick ass, smelly, Martial Striker!

OakwoodDM

First Post
I've been a cleric (well, druid really, but they aren't around at the start, it seems) man right from my first ever character, so that's where I'm sticking.

Moonshade

First Post
I like playing "knight in shining armour" characters, so I'll want to try the 4E paladin. Maybe the warlord if the abilities are interesting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases