What are the classic adventure modules of 3E? (with a tally!)

Storminator

First Post
I missed all of 2E, but back in my 1st edition days it seemed like everyone played the GDQ modules, and the Temple of LMNO Evil, and the Slavers. They were the classics, and we talked about them for years after playing.

So which of the 3E adventures will be the classics? Which ones will stand up to a decade of gaming?

PS

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Death in Freeport no doubt. The entire Freport Saga has it.

For best dungeon crawl of 3rd, Rappen Athuk.

Best setting tie in, tie for me. The Serpant Amphora Series and the White Robes Black Hearts by Dark Portal Games.

laurencio

First Post
It's hard to say right now, but one that might be is WotC's Sunless Citadel. Everybody has played this thing. Why is Keep on the Borderlands such a classic? Because most people that played D&D Basic in the early 80's had played The Keep. It was the first module released for 3E so it was alot of people's first delve into the new system. I may be wrong. It just seems that most people have a story about the Sunless Citadel.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I'd say the whole Freeport series by Green Ronin has a kind of aura to it, what with it being the first OGL product (I think).

Most everyone I speak to has a lot of love for Fiery Dragon's Nemoren's Vault. It's so good for introducing new players to the game that it's scary:)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'll have to agree with the Freeport series. They make you really care whats going to happen.

The only reason everyone knows Meepo is because Sunless Citadel was the first module out there. It isn't that good, actually. (IMO, of course.)

Remove ads