What are the greatest published adventures you've run?

Celebrim

Legend
My list:

Ravenloft
Of Sound Mind
Whispering Cairn
Mad God's Key
Sunless Citadel
Pyramid

Things I want to run:
The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
Chronicles of the Dragonlance

The module that changed the way I see the game when I was a player, but can't rate because I've only played it and never ran it:
Sabre River

GuyBoy

Hero
The greatest memories tend to be homebrew stuff. For published adventures, I ran Red Hand of Doom a few years ago in 5e, and have run about half of Odyssey of the Dragonlords. Both are extremely good I think. Gary Gygax's Necropolis was probably the most hated (both by me & my players) adventure I've ever run, so I disagree with 2011 MerricB! I do agree with him that 4e P2 Demon Queen's Enclave is very good, despite the dire 4e-era presentation.

One adventure everyone had immense fun with was Dyson's Delve, which is free at Dyson Logos' website.

I'm currently running and loving Shadows of the Ragged King, free at xoth.net - a very fun character-centric S&S romp. I found the very non-D&D presentation a bit odd/intimidating - it's nearly all characters, with minimal keying & a sketchy possible timeline. In practice it's brilliant.
I agree with you regards Red Hand of Doom, which I've ran as DM, and Dragonlords, which I've played in.
I really enjoyed running Necropolis back in 3E days, and I think my players did too, but I'd just got back from the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, so I was in a bit of a buzz.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Many, many adventures require the DM (and the group) to be in-tune with what they're doing.

Necropolis was great for my group. These days, Tyranny of Dragons is one of my top 5 adventures of all time (and I've run it 3 times).

But I also know there are lots of DMs and groups who struggle with Tyranny of Dragons.

Cheers,
Merric

Clint_L

Hero
Many, many adventures require the DM (and the group) to be in-tune with what they're doing.

Necropolis was great for my group. These days, Tyranny of Dragons is one of my top 5 adventures of all time (and I've run it 3 times).

But I also know there are lots of DMs and groups who struggle with Tyranny of Dragons.

Cheers,
Merric
The only one I’ve ever run all the way through is Phandelver. So that.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The only one I’ve ever run all the way through is Phandelver. So that.
Hehe. :)

At least it's one that is generally regarded well!

(For those whose memory stretches back into what is becoming the distant past, imagine, "The only one I've run is Terrible Trouble at Tragidore!")

Cheers!

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
B10 Night's Dark Terror. (I've run it all the way through and I also inserted the Hutaakan Valley into Isle of Dread.)
X1 Isle of Dread (Goodman Games version)

Remove ads