What are you reading in 2022?

Nellisir

Hero
I've been off and on about reading fiction. I have been getting a lot of POD and similar RPG stuff, so I've been reading Dragonlance Adventures, Calimshan, Fiend Folio, Dawn of the Emperors, Hollow World, Monster Mythology, the original AND revised Forgotten Realms Campaign sets (I had the original once; I'd never had or read the revised so that was actually quite good), Demihuman Deities, Nod #35, Creature Cache (5 stars), Codex Germania, Codex Slavorum (2 stars, maybe), Iron Falcon rules, Bards Gate (the PF edition, but it was $19.95 so I absolutely don't care), and a few others I don't recall right now.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I've been off and on about reading fiction. I have been getting a lot of POD and similar RPG stuff, so I've been reading Dragonlance Adventures, Calimshan, Fiend Folio, Dawn of the Emperors, Hollow World, Monster Mythology, the original AND revised Forgotten Realms Campaign sets (I had the original once; I'd never had or read the revised so that was actually quite good), Demihuman Deities, Nod #35, Creature Cache (5 stars), Codex Germania, Codex Slavorum (2 stars, maybe), Iron Falcon rules, Bards Gate (the PF edition, but it was $19.95 so I absolutely don't care), and a few others I don't recall right now.
I mean, so much good fiction in those RPG books.

I finished Riggs' Slaying the Dragon. A fascinating read, and no doubt a new pillar in RPG historical works. Tightly researched, the book approaches the subject with a degree of empathy that never forgets that though this all happened decades ago, it happened to real people. And though it doesn't really go into it, I think it provides about as clear a window into what might have happened to D&D if Wizards hadn't bought the whole thing as I've seen.

Now I'm reading Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragons of Deceit.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Re-reading the SandmanGNs in preparation for binging the TV show... I read them as single issues back upon release. Re-reading them again as one long story, and having the benefit of knowing what is going to happen (roughly), I'm seeing a bunch of the foreshadowing that Gaiman was dropping all over the place that I missed on first read through with 30 days between each 22 pages.

Just read the issue in Doll's House that introduces Hob Gadling. That's still one of my favorite all time issues in all of comics - and I've read a lot of comics. It continues to hold up.

Just re-read the first Sandman graphic novel a few months ago and yeah, they're so dang good. It's a masterclass of storytelling.

Re-reading the SandmanGNs in preparation for binging the TV show... I read them as single issues back upon release. Re-reading them again as one long story, and having the benefit of knowing what is going to happen (roughly), I'm seeing a bunch of the foreshadowing that Gaiman was dropping all over the place that I missed on first read through with 30 days between each 22 pages.

Just read the issue in Doll's House that introduces Hob Gadling. That's still one of my favorite all time issues in all of comics - and I've read a lot of comics. It continues to hold up.

Scottius

Adventurer
Currently reading my newly arrived copy of Monster Manual Expanded. Also reading up on Esper Genesis since I'm starting a campaign of that game.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Looks like the Netflix Sandman TV show is Preludes and Nocturnes and Dolls House. So I think I can go watch now safely. Whether I will or not is another question (says the guy who still hasn't watched any Stranger Things yet)

Remove ads