What are you Reading? Noctilucent November 2019 edition

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've recently finished up the heroes of Olympus. I forget the name of the author, the Percy Jackson series guy. After that was the third forging divinity book by Andrew Rowe. I have the first book of his next series but I'll be reading the saga if shadows by Kevin J Anderson first. His saga of the seven suns series was amazing so I'm looking forward to reading the follow up series.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Uncle Rick is what the fandom calls him..now you need to read Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard and/or The Kane Chronicles followed by The Trials of Apollo.
They are definitely on my reading list. I've only recently started to put time aside to read again, so many series I need to catch up on.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Over halfway through Terry Pratchett's Night Watch. This has definitely solidified the City Watch books as my favorites in the Discworld series.

And Brandon Sanderson's new book Starsight just arrived! Fansquee! That will be next.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm reading the Umbrella Academy graphie novel. It is quit enjoyable. Better than tge TV series. Does anyone know if the other two graphie novels are as good? Thank you.

the Jester

Legend
Currently, I'm reading Surface Detail by Iain M. Banks. It's one of the Culture novels - a generally well-regarded group (not really series) of sci fi stories. I've read several in the past and they left me cold, but I got another one from the library recently and really dug it. So I picked up a couple more, and am giving Banks another try.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I'll swear I've been looking at that book since it was published but never read it. Let me know how you like it.

I was like that too, it's a whole lot more sci-fi than the cover blurb lets on, sort of does a disservice to the book, which is well written sci-fi, worth reading. There are four books in the series: The Snow Queen, World's End, The Summer Queen, and Tangled Up In Blue; which the last one has good reviews, encouranging as many last books of a series fall flat. I just realized from looking those up, that the library has the first edition hardcover of The Snow Queen that I'm reading.

Remove ads