What are you reading this year 2020?

Richards

Legend
I stayed up until 11:20 last night finishing The Skin Collector - it was one of those deals where I was close enough to the end that I just couldn't put it down and go to bed until I had finished it. So now I'm starting up the next book in the Lincoln Rhyme series, The Steel Kiss by Jeffery Deaver. This time the killer's someone who can use pretty much anything as a weapon; the "steel kiss" of the title refers to him using an escalator to mangle someone's body. Unfortunately, this is the last book in the series I currently own; I might as well see about getting the last three but then I'll be in the sad state of affairs of having to wait two years between each subsequent new book being released.

Johnathan

Nellisir

Hero
Finished up Book 7; rereading Book 8 of The Expanse. Ordinarily I don't reread books, or at least not until 5+ years have passed, so rereading a book I just read a few weeks ago is...different. However, I did read it really fast, and having just reread books 5-7 it's totally worthwhile.

I managed to get another bookshelf up a few weeks ago and unpacked some more boxes; thought I was making progress until I counted and realized I still had 30+ boxes of books. I'm not sure the bookshelves I have planned will be sufficient. :/

The big bookshelf I have planned is going to be totally kickass though. I found a 5' long marble mantelpiece my dad had pulled out of an old house, so rather than a built-in sort of thing the shelves will be a large unit incorporating the marble that I can disassemble and take with me whenever I move again.

Nellisir

Hero
Yeah, Dumas' writing is so good. Big Three Musketeers fan here.

Just finished reading the Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England. Very readable and enlightening. Definitely will get some use out of it in my gaming, too.

Now it's onto N.K. Jemisin's The Obelisk Gate.
I'll have to look for the Time Traveler's Guide.
Anything by NK Jemisen is a must-read for me. I was considering rereading that trilogy after I finish the Expanse.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Finished the second The Expanse book, Caliban's War. Been enjoying the books a great deal. Especially the dialog - for me there are genuinely many laugh out loud moments. I'm early on the third right now, Abaddon's Gate.

As a bit of writer-craft, with the POV characters of the first two books, when I opened the third and for the prologue chapter saw a character I didn't yet know, the dread for them hit immediately.

Remove ads