What are you reading this year 2020?

GreyLord

Legend
I've gotten slogged down reading the WoT. Currently stuck near the end of Book 10 and I just can't even make my self look at the book anymore. Started reading other things (read the first 3 books in the enchanted forest for example instead of continuing the WoT). I don't know, but I am really sick of the book series at this point. It's crazy, but I just have this dread of resuming Book 10. I think it's just that it is taking soooooooo long for anything really to happen. It's like I'm reading and making no progress or some weird thing like that.

Zardnaar

Legend
I've gotten slogged down reading the WoT. Currently stuck near the end of Book 10 and I just can't even make my self look at the book anymore. Started reading other things (read the first 3 books in the enchanted forest for example instead of continuing the WoT). I don't know, but I am really sick of the book series at this point. It's crazy, but I just have this dread of resuming Book 10. I think it's just that it is taking soooooooo long for anything really to happen. It's like I'm reading and making no progress or some weird thing like that.

You made it two books further than I did.

carrot

Explorer

You are almost there... bear with it... The last chapter has something interesting happen. The next book is better and the final three books are a lot better!

Zaukrie

New Publisher

That's 6 books further than I could get......

ccs

41st lv DM
Thunderhead, by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.

After finishing the sci-fi book I'd been reading the other week i needed something new. Unfortunately with everything locked down I can't really go browse the local Barnes & Noble....
So I randomly pulled this off the pile of stuff my brother & I are cleaning out of my mothers house (mom passed away back in Jan).

It's an adventure/thriller based on searching for the Anassazi indians city of gold.
I'm only about 50 pages in, so no real idea if its good/bad/otherwise yet.
I think this was probably one of Dads books as its not really my mothers style of read.

I figure at about 500 pages it'll last me though May reading a bit each evening. Unless it turns out to be really good - then I'll zip through it in about two weeks max.

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine

Life is too short and there are sooooo many books to waste time reading a book you don't like.

Here's what I do. If I am bored or tired of a book at the beginning, I'll give it until page 100. If by page 100, I'm like "Nah", then I put it down and don't ever look back. Occasionally, I've had to invoke this. Lies of Locke Lamora was like that. Page 80 - "These characters are awful, why do I care?" to page 98 "These characters are interesting, let's just see what's going to happen, eh?" to the end "That was actually pretty darn good!".

But anyway, I give a book to page 100, then done. With Wheel of Time, you've read already what, 10,000 pages or so? I think you can quit.

After all, the book will still be around in 5-10-20 years if you want to go back and read.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Thundered, by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child.

After finishing the sci-fi book I'd been reading the other week i needed something new. Unfortunately with everything locked down I can't really go browse the local Barnes & Noble....
So I randomly pulled this off the pile of stuff my brother & I are cleaning out of my mothers house (mom passed away back in Jan).

It's an adventure/thriller based on searching for the Anassazi indians city of gold.
I'm only about 50 pages in, so no real idea if its good/bad/otherwise yet.
I think this was probably one of Dads books as its not really my mothers style of read.

I figure at about 500 pages it'll last me though May reading a bit each evening. Unless it turns out to be really good - then I'll zip through it in about two weeks max.

I've heard good things.
Condolences about your mom.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

I didn't want to discourage you when you were starting, but I too felt it slog down to where nothing was happening.

I can tell you that Book 11 - the last Robert Jordan book - does get better. Things happen. And then you are onto the Brandon Sanderson books, and he's aiming to get to the end.

So there's light, and it's not even too far away.

In the words of Dory: Just keep reading, just keep reading.
(Dory doesn't remember which way it was, so won't contradict me.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases