A few more house rules I’ve thought of….
- Flanking gives advantage on attacks.
- Wizards gain a language called Arcanic. Another language added to the game is Necral, the language of necromancers, undead, and creates of shadows.
- Spells and abilities that allow you to read any language only work on normal text. There are ways to block access to certain written works from those that don’t fully know a particular language (Arcanic, Druidic, and Thieves Cant being common ones that get warded to prevent outsiders from reading what is written)
- Not all diseases are curable with a restoration spell.
- Monsters have effects that trigger when they hit the bloodied condition (half health), Some are minor effects, while some can drastically change a fight.