• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are your all-time favorite Xbox games?

shadowlight

First Post
Halo!! (of course :))
I'm not a big fan of First Person Shooters, but this is by far the best game I've ever played. The universe is incredibly immersive (through the story, the music, the graphics, etc.)... The single player campaign is excellent, and the multiplayer modes are unbelievable. There's a huge amount of freedom in customizing your games (king of the hill, capture the flag, death match) giving you hours and hours of replay value. If you've got a friend with an XBox, linking up is a snap and opens up a whole new world of gaming. Usually my group would play with two people per TV with each TV being a separate team... what a blast!

I highly recommend this game (even if you have to rent an XBox to play it).

Also, if you're a fan of the game, I'd recommend the novel (The Fall of Reach). It adds a lot to the already rich universe of Halo.

Last edited:

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Halo: See above.

Project Gotham Racing: I'm not a racing-game fan, but this one is cool (great graphics, lots of attention to detail, the replay is actually worth watching).

Morrowind: Probably the best single-player RPG I've ever played. I also found the XBox interface easier to use than the PC version.

MechAssault: Great graphics, but the best part is the ability to blow up so many things... ;)

Ascending Crane

First Post
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

Well done game, even for those who don't like the series. You can do a spinning kick to a vampire, send him flying back into a wall, grab a pool cue, and stab it into his heart and see him turn to dust. Can't get much better than that.

Halo:

This was is a no-brainer. It is the first, and best reason to own an Xbox. The only thing that will overtake it is Halo 2, where you can use it with Xbox Live!

Splinter Cell:

If Halo is the best reason to own an Xbox - then Splinter Cell comes damn close. The shadows... the gadgets... the whole spy genre done right.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
DOA 3 Sweet fighting game though to coutner intensive IMO
HALO best 1st person shooter since goldeneye
Splinter Cell best stealth game I ever palyed
Robotech It's robotech
Shenmue2 great rpgish game
Dead to rights great 3rd person shooter, cool disarms basically a blast of a game, my only problem were the set up fights where you magically lose your guns so you'd fight the end boss in Hand to hand.

:This one is way too easy but my Nephew age9 thinks its a blast and has beat it and continues to put hours into it. (Obi-Won)

A couple of these are on PS2 as well.

As noted, HALO hands down.

Hunter The Reckoning was also cool. I enjoyed the mood.

Project Gotham Racing is lots of fun with friends - especially if neither of you have practiced driving in the game.

shadowlight

First Post
Quantum Redshift

This weekend I rented Quantum Redshift. I'm not a big fan of racing games (though my wife really likes Burnout), but I tried this one based on a positive review on G4.

I'd really recommend this. The graphics are stunning (especially the water on camera effects) and the tournament mode is the least annoying one I've played.

Remove ads