What are your five post-apocalyptic RPG books?

hawkeyefan

Legend
It's amazing, honestly. I was pleased to see others mentioning it.

I thought it sounded rather risible/eye-roll-y from the description, but then one of the players in my main group (!!!) decided to run a one-shot of it, and it was one of the most fun times we ever had in RPG. We've only had a chance to play it a little since then but damn.

I'm playing tonight! Probably session 22 or so. It's been one of my favorite campaigns I've ever run.

Mercurius

Legend
It's amazing, honestly. I was pleased to see others mentioning it.

I thought it sounded rather risible/eye-roll-y from the description, but then one of the players in my main group (!!!) decided to run a one-shot of it, and it was one of the most fun times we ever had in RPG. We've only had a chance to play it a little since then but damn.
I'll check it out, thanks. What would be your one sentence characterization of it?

I'll check it out, thanks. What would be your one sentence characterization of it?
"Menzoberranzan meets Mega-City One meets Les Mis meets The Battle of Algiers in a mash-up by Neil Gaiman and Warren Ellis"

I mean, none of that is literally true, but I think it captures the vibe. System-wise it's got its own system but it feels a bit like PtbA with more consequences.

This is a tough one. I’d like to get several systems, but most games split their core books up these days. Ideally I’d like 1 fantasy RPG, 1 horror RPG, maybe a lighter action RPG like Feng Shui and something like Paranoia that can be played straight or for laughs.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
This is a tough one. I’d like to get several systems, but most games split their core books up these days. Ideally I’d like 1 fantasy RPG, 1 horror RPG, maybe a lighter action RPG like Feng Shui and something like Paranoia that can be played straight or for laughs.
Yeap, I purposely picked complete rules books (Plus a supplement for PF) to stay within the rules. I didnt think about the monster/bestiaries tho...

aramis erak

Legend
Marvel Super Heroes RPG (the TSR one)
TSR did 2½...
MSH (FASERIP) botth an original (yellow) and slightly revised (orange) version
AMSH (FASERIP, but with variable rating numbers)
MSHAG (Saga system, uses bespoke cards) in a white box.

I'm counting AMSH as the ½... MSH listings are fully useful in AMSH, and 99% the reverse.

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
Hmmmm. No sourcebooks, no expansions, etc. really limits what works for this, and changes it from favourites to RPGs you like that work without a bunch of extra material. Like you couldn't do PF2E even because despite the massive main book, there are no monsters. So accounting for that and in no specific order:
the OP didn't set that; for example, the PF Core is one slot, the Bestiary is a second...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases